Jennings Comet

Discuss our on-site auctions and other slot machine auctions.
raj

Re: Late Jennings on ebay

Post by raj »

Unless it really floats your boat, it's probably worth more as spares than as a complete machine, in my opinion.
daveslot

Re: Late Jennings on ebay

Post by daveslot »

I agree, I scrapped 3 of these last year for the mechs, though you cannot fit a jackpot to these as the baseplate has been shortened.
operator bell

Re: Jennings Comet

Post by operator bell »

It is indeed ugly, but I can't agree it's the ugliest slot ever. It has a certain Swingin' Sixties look to it, especially when polished. The (dis)honour must surely go to the Aristocrat Starlite, a machine as unappealing as the near-beer of similar name.
Attachments
aristocrat-starlite.jpg
treefrog

Re: Jennings Comet

Post by treefrog »

Well it just goes to show how wrong we all are, as I guess maybe someone out there probably likes the Comet, the Sheerline (Starlite) style of bandits is one of my favourites, I have over 10 of them, probably every variant, including one with a matching steel original cabinet, to me they epitomise the style of the sleek swinging sixties more than any other bandit. It is a bit like dogs, most people like their Labradors and Spaniels, but gawp at a Bull Terrier, but to most they are ugly, to some they are beautiful, which keeps going the wonderful selection we have available. I guess if people like me did not exist, the Starlite would have been scrapped a long time....

Removed bandit picture
Attachments
bullterrier.jpg
Last edited by treefrog on Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
iggis

Strange looking Jennings on eBay

Post by iggis »

Topic merged - Site Admin.

Is this a machine that was manufactured like this or is it a home brew? Looks like some bits missing from mech.
image.jpeg

treefrog

Re: Strange looking Jennings on eBay

Post by treefrog »

This one is not rusty, so that is a start. These are Jennings Comets, although I have never been convinced Jennings made the whole thing, but there is a thread covering these over the last 6 years. * Merged above - Site Admin.

Generally not worth more than £150........so wayyyyyy over priced.... A lot are broken down for the mechanisms...
iggis

Re: Strange looking Jennings on eBay

Post by iggis »

Thanks, coin-op stuff on eBay usually is overpriced.