Jennings governor eBay ££££

Discuss our on-site auctions and other slot machine auctions.
sarg

Jennings governor eBay ££££

Post by sarg »

I was going to go £850 but it soon went past that lol...

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Jennings-Govern ... nav=SEARCH
Attachments
gov.JPG
aristomatic

Re: Jennings governor eBay ££££

Post by aristomatic »

Two bidders only from £1000.... It happens from time to time for number of different reasons. Could be a shortage of quality looking slots on ebay due to legal issues, then one appears so a couple of punters get drawn into a bit of tug of war. I'm somewhat surprised we haven't seen a plethora of Governors on stands/kitchen cabinets etc. to pull in the losing bidder.......... Off to find me camera................... Twelve pictures in total but no pictures of rear of the back-bonnet. Perhaps he doesn't want any of the buyers to see.....
sarg

Post by sarg »

Finished on £1810 I would think the seller is happy chap @&@
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Well assuming it is all above board, I have no proof otherwise, it just seems a tad odd.
I do wonder who would pay that much money for a standard Governor with a new base and a mech that only goes up to 10 coin payout.

If the slide stack has been reduced to match, then how does the coin tube fit to reach both ends?

BP
aristomatic

Post by aristomatic »

Standard slides 3/5/11/13/18 and jackpot.
Just swap the 6 coin slide (5-11) for a 5 coin slide (13-18) then it pays 3/5/10 and not 3/5/11 from the bottom. Then file off the 13 and 18 vertical fingers so they only trip 3/5/10 slides and not their original higher payments, so plums/bells and 27bars now pay 10 (same as oranges). The jackpot will still trip the master slide and jackpot on the centre line (so the stack stays the same height, so coin tube needs no work).

GP
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

I'm sure you're right and I really need to cut back on my idiot pills.
I just don't see how swapping a 6 coin slide for a 5 coin slide doesn't present issues.
I guess you tighten the slide frame down a tad to prevent a gap the thickness of a tanner within the slides?

Also I guess apart from the lower payouts being less exciting ( yes I really do live such a boring life ) it mucks the % payout up.

BP
ETA - For the mathematically deformed of us would that now equate to 75%?
aristomatic

Post by aristomatic »

Maybe I'm not making things very clear or I am wrong, however if you look at it this way? some Jennings are 3/5 payout up to 18 and jackpot. Of course some Jennings are 2/5 payout but the same as in 18 and jackpot. The slide stack is the same height and the posts the same height and the coin tube is the same length, (e.g. there's no need to change the length of the coin tube). Just the 1st 2nd slide thicknesses are 3 then 2 = 5 or 2 then 3 = 5 then both are the same all way up to 18 and jackpot.

I am not sure in this case, but a lot of Jennings are dropped to 11 by just filing or changing the vertical fingers on the higher awards to pay as oranges, (e.g. 11) but obviously some are dropped to 10. In this case you can find that 6 coin and 5 coin slides are reversed (swapped) so oranges and higher awards now still pay as oranges but the payout is 10 and not 11 as previously., e.g. 3+2+5 =10 (or 2+3+5) rather than 3+2+6 =11 (or 2+3 +6).

I have no idea what his reel bundle is now compared to an original and or it could have been two pulls at some point maybe. I've no idea, so the % could be very low and or indeed very boring, as you quite rightly say.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Thanks for the time and trouble for that.
These days I have problems understanding why tins in Sainsburys showing a picture of a cat contain fish.

I will read your answer several times as I really want to understand, perhaps a bottle of Meths would help if only to lose interest.

Cheers
BP