Jennings Governor - opinions?

Discuss our on-site auctions and other slot machine auctions.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Re: Jennings Governor - opinions?

Post by badpenny »

I just stacked a column of 10 x1np ( not the latest steel ones ) against one of tanners.
The 6d stack had 12.

!PUZZLED!
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

A lot of machines were revamped by the big companies in the UK, buying in old machine from US and UK machines. This also sometimes included putting in new cabinets and would change denomination and themes. I have a few brochures from the '60s stating this and suspect your machine will be one of these and a lot of the later ply/Formica cabinets

The original non oak cabinets were rubbish and fell apart
dutchboy

Post by dutchboy »

This is getting out of control, you could have stop by 12 coins!
I made an offer at the machine, let's see what happens.
Attachments
image.jpg
chris rideout

Post by chris rideout »

treefrog wrote:A lot of machines were revamped by the big companies in the UK, buying in old machine from US and Uk machines. This also sometimes included putting in new cabinets and would change denomination and themes.

Another point which leaps to my eyes was the reduction in payouts when these old machines had token only payouts. For the bells/plums/oranges, they were originally 18/14/10 but when modified they paid 10/10/10 even though the reels were not changed. Bad news for the punter! The "jackpots" were also 10 tokens. That's all, folks!
dutchboy

Post by dutchboy »

I bought the machine last week. You're right Chris, a ten payout with an jackpot. The spring from the flap to the jackpot was disconnected, so the coins go to the cashbox. Mechanism is very dirty with oil and grease and nicotine, even the slides. Hope to find some time to work on it and make some pics.
Greetings.
Attachments
governor.jpg