Telstar

Discuss our on-site auctions and other slot machine auctions.
treefrog

Re: Telstar

Post by treefrog »

I went to view the machine on Saturday as well as I was at the end of another monster trip picking up bandits from Cheshire to Herts to Eastbourne, so given I liked the looks agreed to have a look.

As per Paul the Cabinet was a later made up item and the rear electronics panel looks to have been cut from the original and stuck to the new rear. The machine did look crude in some ways but almost certainly made by a company rather than scratch built. Unfortunately one of the rotor motors did not work, so decided to leave. If in original cabinet I may have taken a chance as I still liked the look - great theme.
treefrog

Re: Telstar

Post by treefrog »

So often we have fun watching machines going around from person to person, auction to auction where people think they have a bargain or can get it going etc etc.......you see them in the regular auctions, but this one is a classic. The Telstar discussed in this thread 3 years ago, which both Coppin and myself viewed at the time and walked away.....since it has been in at least 3 or 4 auctions houses across the south coast and up to Bristol. I presume the latest buyer has decided to stick on eBay and am unclear if anything has been done to address the faults, as the description is a little risky in suggesting it looks operational, but needs old coinage to test.

The only thing I loved with this machine was the graphics, beyond that !PUZZLED!

So the journey continues....we should put a tracker on it..

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1960-039-s-T ... 2518.l4276
1960's TELSTAR Penny Slot Machine.

Space Age Fun.

Lights up and appears to be in working order. You will need old coins to see working.

Dimensions 21" x 10" x 29"

... On 21-May-19 at 08:41:12 BST, seller added the following information:

Please take note of my wording when I say appears to be working. You will need a supply of predecimal coins to check.
Attachments
telstar.jpg