Art deco bandit stand on Ebay

Discuss our on-site auctions and other slot machine auctions.
coppinpr

Art deco bandit stand on Ebay

Post by coppinpr »

listed as an old Art deco bandit stand but not actually being sold as such, anyone know what its original machine might have been?

bandit stand.JPG

gameswat

Re: Art deco bandit stand on Ebay

Post by gameswat »

I've seen these before, just a table stand never meant for a machine.
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

but might look good with the right machine
gameswat

Post by gameswat »

Certainly would make a great stand for a deco machine. I liked this similiar example so much I bothered to take photos in a local antique store window, which I rarely do as have never owned a mobile phone. Had just been imported from the UK. I looked it over closely and that appeared to be original paint on the girls clothes and trims, looked killer. The small half round oak top also looked original. I wanted it but was getting ready to travel overseas on a 7 month holiday/buying trip so absolutely no cash to spare! I saw it a few years later in the house of a machine customer & friend, being used as a hall table, but for some reason he chose not to display any machines on it? Can't remember what the foundry marks on the back said so not sure if it was English or maybe more likely French?
Attachments
deco lady table too.jpg
deco lady table.jpg
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

The problem is that these stands are tiny, the coke can may give some perspective, so would have to be a weeny machine that you don't mind knocking over. Probably this one and another sold the elephant over the last few years for between 90 and 170 quid.

So many stands people sell as machine stands are not always suitable, with small or unstable bases
gameswat

Post by gameswat »

I would only think a small machine like Columbia, trade stim or small arcade machine. I always need stands. The table above I took photos of was designed to be screwed to a wall for stability.
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

I would say the stand is 4 feet tall judging by the coke can,
interesting that although the girl seems much the same in both there are differences (the base,the headress,the hands) as for which machine would suit Ive got a gold coloured Columbia that would suit it perfectly,but the price is way too high