Roma & Sheerline on eBay at the moment?

Discuss our on-site auctions and other slot machine auctions.
ls14garlo

Roma & Sheerline on eBay at the moment?

Post by ls14garlo »

$_57.JPG

Just browsing eBay and two machines have just been listed.... One is a Roma - apart from a YouTube video I can't find any info on it at all. Looks like it has a plastic front. Does anyone know anything about them !PUZZLED! ? Just out of interest - it's not one I'd consider personally...

$_57.JPG

The other is an Aristocrat Sheerline, starting at £150. I might be interested in that; it's only in Bridlington as well... I prefer the Aristocrat Starlight myself but I'll be watching how this one goes, even though I've said three machines is enough! :lol:. What's everyone's thoughts? You all know I'm still new to vintage one-armed bandits but I'm getting there and I'm definitely hooked!!
treefrog

Re: On eBay at the moment?

Post by treefrog »

If you do searches on this site you will find out loads about both machines.

That Roma, I am sure was on eBay about 9 months ago - sold for around 120 and was going to put a bid in, but I already have four so could not be bothered as was in Bumkinshire (Lincs), BP country... Made if I remember by Vale in Wales.....

The Sheerlines are not common and only seen a few over the years. They vary from the others of their type as the door lifts upwards. This one claims to have original paint which is funny - not much oringinal, lost its mesh front (which I like), all been painted, including I am guessing rusty front bright work and side stands. The strips look like Sega to me and front award would have been changed. These were usually poker strips, unlike the Starlite. A project I guess, or if you like it the way it is.....
coppinpr

Re: On eBay at the moment?

Post by coppinpr »

The Roma is one of the re builds from imported German machines, the standard pot metal German mech in what was considered a flashy plastic case in the '60s often with lights added. Not my style, although I've had a few in the past.

The Sheerline would be a very good machine if you were thinking of restoring it and the price stays low. It would be a good starting machine for you to restore. It doesn't need a lot of work, mostly cosmetic by the look of it, plenty of photos about to help you. Getting it back to how it used to look would be rewarding. Being an Aristo it is of course indestructible.