Discuss our on-site auctions and other slot machine auctions.
pennymachines
Site Admin

Re: Saleroom roundups

Postby pennymachines » Fri Jan 01, 2021 10:54 pm

cait001 wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:30 pm
Are all of these sales listed on the event calendar in advance?

I list the major sales there (see Cottees this month), when I know about them. Users of this site are encouraged to do so also.
The occasional items which turn up in auctions all over the country (and beyond) mostly appear on thesaleroom.com (see Sourcing in the Archive).

badpenny
Forum Moderator

Postby badpenny » Fri Jan 01, 2021 10:59 pm

geordy55 wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:40 pm
No, whenever anyone learns of an auction they keep it to themselves rather than let everyone know, so that they have less competition when the bidding starts.

"No, when some people learn of an auction they keep it to themselves rather than let everyone know, so that they have less competition when the bidding starts."
I've just corrected that for you "geordy55". There are also those who happily share and talk openly when they are aware of upcoming "available" machines.
They tend to get criticised or nagged a bit, for it.
Also don't forget the "Diary" is open to all. Anyone may add an event to it.

Individuals either want to share the hobby, their knowledge and help others or are more interested in what's in it for just them.
A situation I expect exists in all hobbies and societies.

BP

cait001

Postby cait001 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 11:55 pm

well I appreciate everyone in all the coinop communities that happily share upcoming auction info, so if that's you, THANK YOU!

I know on a bunch of other boards I'm on we often eagerly share cool stuff we see on Ebay, Yahoo Japan, and in upcoming IRL auctions.