High priced Bally on Ebay

Discuss our on-site auctions and other slot machine auctions.
coppinpr

High priced Bally on Ebay

Post by coppinpr »

I don't eally know why this machine has caused so much interest on Ebay, £1 to £300 in four days with 13 bids when no one usually bids till the last few seconds!!
Is it the Concorde link? Or the fact there are not many machines on ebay these days? Whatever the reason is, it has caused a small flood of Bally machines to appear with a start price of £300. It's a bit of a late model to be interesting as far as I'm concerned. If they are young enough to have a hopper payout I lose interest.

bally concorde.jpg

I've sometimes put light weight(?) machines on those banana wood tables, putting a Bally on one is a quick way to lose the glass work :lol:
aristomatic

Re: High priced Bally on Ebay

Post by aristomatic »

It may be a later conversion with solenoid payout on the front door and not a hopper jackpot banging out 100s of coins and, yes, the original payouts on the award card are all changed etc., but very presentable if fully working.

A furry of bids maybe, but only a couple of bidders. Yes, strange that ebay is still removing some but seem to leave others on. I had a discussion with them last week over this ambiguity and got a response. Unfortunately, I repeated the discussion two days later and received a totally different response.

gp
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

I think one of the photos does show a hopper.
aristomatic

Post by aristomatic »

My eyesight is very poor these days but I actually made the comments about it not having a hopper jackpot merely based on the picture you posted on the thread as it
shows just the small payout cup on the front not the ones fitted to the hopper jackpot machines as they have the full width chrome payout tray to accommodate the 100s of coins that are paid from the hopper. I did find the listing to see what the bidder profile was, but again didn't check all the listing pictures.

The hopper jackpot machines have the hopper fitted underneath the reel mechanism that slides in and out for access with the overflow cash tin to the right. The listing
pictures show the empty space under the reel mech where a hopper jackpot is fitted. This machine only pays out 15 coins max into the tiny payout cup via the solenoid payout fitted to the inside of the door, which is why I said:
aristomatic wrote:It may be a later conversion with solenoid payout on the front door and not a hopper jackpot banging out 100s of coins
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

OK OK, no need to panic... it doesn't have a hooper!
downunda

Post by downunda »

badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

coppinpr wrote:OK OK, no need to panic... it doesn't have a hooper!
Are you sure about that coppinpr ? Just because he's rented out the Elephant House I think you'll find Dave & Karol still own it.
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

Are you sure about that coppinpr ? Just because he's rented out the Elephant House I think you'll find Dave & Karol still own it.
!PUZZLED! :!?!:
larry_d

Post by larry_d »

Ha hahahaha,this is a bit like a bar of Fry's five boys. [someone explain what that is to the younger ones]
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

I'm too ashamed.
The workings of my addled mind is not for public exposure ..... I've already apologised/explained to coppinpr.
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

I knew there had to be a type o that bp was exploiting ,once I spotted it I guessed the meaning,it helps if you understand BP's sense of humour ...no forget that NO one understands BP's sense of humour :cool:

To get back to the thread. Im beginning to suspect the higher prices on ebay are directly linked to the number of machines that are not getting pulled from Ebay right now, I even noticed one machine that went the full auction with out a bid,got relisted at a fairer price ,went the full auction again and sold without any trouble.
I for one will be very pleased to see less machines pulled BUT we have noticed this before at this time of year, is the person who reports them on vacation july/August?
we shall see when the summer ends.
aristomatic

Post by aristomatic »

not many machines in my ebay watch list this morning

are still there this afternoon.....

gp
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

Guess Im wrong again then :cool:
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

As Coppin said they probably had a break or bad holiday planning, half a dozen machines were removed at leat today, including 3 aristocrats I would have loved, but never gone for, Jennings and a hi top that had already finished.........holiday over........