Edistan Skittles

Discuss our on-site auctions and other slot machine auctions.
pennymachines

Re: Skittles

Post by pennymachines »

Hi Phil,
The only examples I've seen are the one in Leamington and this one from the Southern Counties (Salisbury) sale of 2005.
G67A.jpg

This was attributed to Kraft Automatics, who I take to be the distributor. I suggested Shields of Bridlington whereas the vendor of your machine said it was made in London, but the stamp on the inside clearly identifies the maker as Edistan Auto Machine Company of Clacton-On-Sea, Essex (about whom I know nothing).

I see what I took to be a coin slot on the left, is apparently a cigarette holder !!UHOH!! So you do in fact drop the coin into the wooden "roll down".

The innards don't look too distressed and their similarity to a Jamieson Rotolite type mechanism, with its use of old GPO Uniselectors, is too close to be mere coincidence. I think, therefore, you might benefit from a peek at Slotalot's Roto-Pool Manuals with wiring diagram
See also: Roto-Pool, Roto-Fruit, Rotolite, Electrodart, Bingola, etc.
Attachments
skittles-rotopool.jpg
slotalot

Re: Edistan Skittles

Post by slotalot »

I quite fancied this machine myself :D
I was in fact in email contact with the seller when he told me it had been sold to someone else :dammit:
Glad to see it turn up on here, I hope you get it working Phil. !!THUMBSX2!!
coppinpr

Nice bowling game on ebay

Post by coppinpr »

Topic merged - Site Admin.

Really nice bowling game on ebay right now, cheap start price, nice case and looks to be fully working. Too far north for me though. :-(
Attachments
skittle.jpg
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Re: Nice bowling game on ebay

Post by badpenny »

I think we've discussed these before. * merged above
They are not as they appear. The whole bowling theme is fake and totally superfluous.
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

I have not checked the pictures for comparison, but there were a few that sold in the John Morley sale a few years back and reappear regularly. As you say, a big box full of components often seen on wall machines. There is a visual appeal to these, which I guess was the intention.
gameswat

Post by gameswat »

Nothing worse in my book (arcade) than a machine that looks really interesting as you walk up to it but turns out to be dead borin'! That's a lot of floor space for very little pay off.
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

We discussed these long and detailed when we first talked about them. It was as if we wanted them to be more than they were. :lol: I remember thinking what a pity they were such a con when they look to have so much potential. I don't remember photos of any in this good a condition at that time.