Shpock/gumtree/ebay

Discuss our on-site auctions and other slot machine auctions.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Re: Shpock/gumtree/ebay

Post by badpenny »

:o ... is she from Cornwall, those look like pasties?
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Just as tasty !!LOVERS!!
aristomatic

Post by aristomatic »

Not a fan of the cowboy or any of the figures.
The dollar machine has gone to a good home. It's on 110v US & still has the bell wired inside.
gameswat

Post by gameswat »

aristomatic wrote:Not a fan of the cowboy or any of the figures.
And there's a simple reason for that Aristo, just like every other repro Polk figure I've ever seen they're all pale imitations of the originals! Frank Polk was an artist and he was able to imbue each and every one of his carvings with some kind of soul, apparently all based on people he knew. I've been lucky enough to see maybe 6 or 7 of the 92 originals produced back in the 50's over the years and would kill to own any of them. The only thing of interest with the copies is they usually have an old machine sitting in them.
aristomatic

Post by aristomatic »

Hi Gameswat,

I understand fully the difference in quality/artistic merit of the original Polk figures versus the other poorer figures, however for me, I would rather see a great bandit on its own or a great piece of art on its own, but I suppose they are all part of slot history...

Anyway chaps, back to the cowboy, he looks to have gotten on his horse and rode off into the sunset...or maybe the eBay Sheriff and deputies got to him first.... Last time I saw it, it was around £1500 mark.
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

Last time I saw him, he was standing next to the rubbish bin, where he belonged... (in my opinion :lol: )
I'm with Aristo on this. I've not seen an original Polk (far as I know), and I'm sure as folk art they have much to commend them, but they're 'not my cup of tea' (a bit of British understatement).
aristomatic

Post by aristomatic »

I see the Gumtree wanted ads are getting a little more competitive............
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Personally never posted a wanted add on any site, but yes lots of keen interest, perhaps I will take up on one of our members offer for £400 for Hi tops ;-) as I have 37 of them, probably one or two too many.....

I have sort of given up recently looking up these sites as apart from the strict rules, it is rare for anything to come up worthwhile...

I did notice the Clubmaster though advertised for 300 quid, probably sold for slightly less, had been pulled from eBay earlier. What colours :!: what is odd is the payout as 17 top payouts, yet the slides look complete. If I had bought this with the replaced cabinet, would have been tempted to change to an oak one, something these always needed.

When this machine was on eBay and pulled, I did try and send an email to the seller and for the first time got a warning email from eBay, they are getting stricter... :#:
Attachments
IMG_0555.JPG
IMG_0554.JPG
widget2k4

Post by widget2k4 »

I will take 10 off you no problem Tom !!THUMBSX2!!
The aristocrat sold for 310 on sphock
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

When this machine was on eBay and pulled, I did try and send an email to the seller and for the first time got a warning email from eBay, they are getting stricter.
safest way is to send the guy your phone number as soon as the machine goes on ebay telling him to text you if ebay pulls it.
I got a 4 reel aristo ,arrived yesterday ,that way
widget2k4

Post by widget2k4 »

EBay don't allow me to send phone numbers, they block the email straight away now, I've been suspended 4 times now for 7 days at a time for sending numbers and trying to send email address, they getting harder to get past now, but yet that 4 reeler went its full journey without being removed which I found strange.
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

the four reeler i bought didnt go the full run, it was pulled on the second day when it had reached £180 ,the guy rang me next day and I bought it for less , There are ways of sending your phone number without ebay picking it up,ive never even been warned. :cool:
widget2k4

Post by widget2k4 »

Ah right never seen that one then, they must watch me more than you haha 😂
widget2k4

Post by widget2k4 »

Why is that emoji so big?
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Shows you must be real upset.....

Your right though, it was exchanging a phone number that got the warning, but also Coppin must be right that if you do before the machine is pulled, they have to allow, otherwise how can you discuss something in more detail....

I am finding myself becoming less bothered and happy to let machines go these days, unless it hits a spot with me, also due to overload and space. I already have three Clubmasters and another project was not for me....seen a few cheap buyit nows recently where I cannot be bothered to drive to collect as I never trust couriers.

Will let you know on the hi tops as genuinely in thinking of moving on around 100 - 150 machines soon, have yet to decide how to release. I have realised I am becoming more specific on the machines I want over time, as such need release the ones I have duplicates on....am starting to build a want list :cool:
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

By the way Paul, well done on the four reeler, what did I miss, was it a Esprit/elite or earlier Regal/Kingsway type machine......don't tell me it was a four reeler Nevada or Clubmaster on my wanted list :o