Aristocrat Nevada on ebay

Discuss our on-site auctions and other slot machine auctions.
coppinpr

Aristocrat Nevada on ebay

Post by coppinpr »

Says on the ad "some cosmetic damage". I'd agree with that (looks like another machine that's been in TF's garden), and only starting at £500. I'll be interested to see if he gets it. I've got the same model in near perfect condition complete with light tower.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-Aris ... 2480416263
Attachments
AN.jpg
aristomatic

Re: Aristocrat Nevada on ebay

Post by aristomatic »

Well, this machine eventually made its way to me. I only bought it as I needed a part off it for another machine, although it took three days to remove it... The price fell dramatically so it was worth it for parts alone. Cosmetically poor... but a little gem of a machine. I may restore this one & refit the badge to complete it.
Attachments
SV102501.JPG
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

I would love to buy the reserve plate from you if you decide not to rebuild. It's the only part missing from mine (I had to make a poor copy as I didn't know what the original looked like). I did replace the light tower though for the reserve and the special feature. I would be interested to know if your one has this special feature that lit the second light on the tower.
Attachments
tower latest j.jpg
plate insert 2.jpg
finished.jpg
aristomatic

Post by aristomatic »

I will need the badge I'm afraid to complete this or the other. However I do have another original badge that's had a small repair that you can have FOC. Let me know if you want it and I'll pm a pix to you.......once I find it.......

If anyone has the correct name for the fastener that goes through the hole centre right I would be much obliged. It's a tapered pin maybe? that has a serrated or grooved outer surface?
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

Yes, I'd like the photo (and the badge) whenever you can get to it. I have a wiring diagram for this machine if you want it (suspect you already have it of course lol). Does yours have the special feature or was that just a conversion add on?

Interesting that the reserve switch switches the machine lights off and the tower light on when switched to "reserve". I don't know the name of the pin but I think it opened up much like a cotter pin on the inside of the machine. :!?!:
aristomatic

Post by aristomatic »

pm sent
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

coppinpr wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:48 am I don't know the name of the pin but I think it opened up much like a cotter pin on the inside of the machine. :!?!:
Is it a split rivet?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LOT-OF-50-EAC ... xyIAZRxKcq
Attachments
splitrivet.jpg
splitrivet.jpg (1.9 KiB) Viewed 3101 times
gameswat

Post by gameswat »

Called a bifurcated rivet.
aristomatic

Post by aristomatic »

Well now I know what a bifurcated rivet is so thanks GW for that. However, that may well be the correct name for coppin's link but it's not the correct answer to my original question. The pin that goes through the hole doesn't open outwards to secure the badge to the door, otherwise it wouldn't have taken me three days to remove. It's a tapered pin which has a roughened surface which leaves 2mm protruding on the inside, nothing to grip? Obviously it has a bulbous rounded head on the front of the badge. I'm sure there is an easy way to have removed it but I got there in the end..............
aristomatic

Post by aristomatic »

Aristocrat did if course use those bifurcated rivets to fasten the black plastic award card or nameplate to the Nevada and other models. These plastics are very difficult to remove after time as rivets are rusted and the rivets located so close to the edge of the award, particularly corners. Any pressure can lead to the award card splitting between the rivet and the edge of the plastic.

Original parts are getting harder to find so patience is needed to remove them successfully and retain the parts in good condition to reuse again.
gameswat

Post by gameswat »

Aristo, I really have no idea what it is you're describing? Maybe you could draw a sketch showing how it worked to hold the plate in position?
aristomatic

Post by aristomatic »

Well, having found the spare badge for Mr coppin I found an original fastener, albeit shorter than its original length as it was presumably ground down on the inside of the door before popping loose from the front. Hopefully you can see from the pictures. The best I could do with my limited eyesight & camera quality. Hopefully GW can forward me the technical name for this pesky fastener and maybe why they chose such a significant part for this job?
Attachments
SV102523a.jpg
SV102517a.jpg
dirk55

Post by dirk55 »

I think they are called rivet pins.
aristomatic

Post by aristomatic »

Thanks for the rivet pin info. I just googled 'rivet pin' and maybe the full name is a screw rivet pin, as just 'rivet pin' brings up a lot of smooth pins with either a hole or a groove to attach a secondary fastener, pin or clip to secure in place. Thanks for all the info.
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

They are self tapping rivets, probably solid type.......google and you will find various sizes, sometimes also called self tapping screws.
dirk55

Post by dirk55 »

Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/192187333387

Yes you're right - screw rivet pins.
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Attachments
raftnm.jpg
raftnm.jpg (10.33 KiB) Viewed 3360 times
dirk55