Win an Aero

Discuss our on-site auctions and other slot machine auctions.
coppinpr

Re: Win an Aero

Post by coppinpr »

I don't count my time as money as I love doing it so even selling at 500 to me would be a profit
I agree with Widget, I'd have bid more if I had his sandblaster. I'm trying to set up a baking soda blaster but I don't have anywhere that can handle the mess. :#:

No I wasn't calling the "frame" a case but was hoping it would have protected the "innards" a bit.

Although I live in the middle of what was the biggest oak forest in the UK in medieval times good oak (old or new) is hard to find down here. :-(

Interestingly, this machine was sold by a charity shop!! and included UK postage at just £12.50! I wonder if they were surprised at the money it reached, then shocked at the real cost of posting it. :shock:
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

coppinpr wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:23 pmI was interested in this machine but it sold for £420!! Seemed a bit too high to me with all that work needed :shock:
coppinpr wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:11 pmI agree with Widget, I'd have bid more if I had his sandblaster.
:o A sandblaster can save you time and money, but not if it tempts you to bid over £420 for a rusty allwin front. :lol:
larry_d

Post by larry_d »

I did bid on this charity entered machine but chickened out at £375. Just too much to do, but a memory jerker from my youth. P.S. I once bought a "CLOCK" with a cracked case from a charity shop in York, so they do come up at these shops now and again.
youngerap

Post by youngerap »

coppinpr wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:11 pm I agree with Widget, I'd have bid more if I had his sandblaster. I'm trying to set up a baking soda blaster but I don't have anywhere that can handle the mess. :#:
Good call, Paul.

The one and only time I used my soda blaster was when sprucing up my Novomat (I started on this with a view to learning on a cheaper machine before moving up to the 'project' hi-top). I used it in the garden on a lovely sunny day. The results were fantastic and it was good fun too. Until the grass started to die. Lost about a third of the lawn and SWMBO was not happy :!!!:.

It has not seen the light of day since !SOFA!

I did look for a suitable blasting cabinet, but lost interest in the hi-top before sourcing one.

Sorry, went a bit off topic.