Elephant House Auction Dates Clash Again

Discuss our on-site auctions and other slot machine auctions.
coppinpr

Re: Elephant House Auction Dates Clash Again

Post by coppinpr »

Jerry, please don't take this reply the wrong way, I understand your reasons and agree with most of them - the auction will not change, this year at least, fine. What I'm saying does not apply to this auction. You say should SH give some thought to it - clearly he has, he's trying to end Coventry and he's doing it. We can only see what is going on up front, not behind the scenes, so we can't be blamed if we are missing something. From what we can see, you are not fighting back at SH. You have made no concessions to the buyers and sellers who have supported you in the past, yet it's always been punted as "by collectors, for collectors". The auction is run exactly the same every year, to the letter. Any recommendations, even good ones, are totally ignored. Truth is, this is your auction. Fair enough, but you expect the buyers and sellers to keep it going without any movement on your part. You say the venue has to be on a Sunday, only because it has to be that venue. Move it somewhere else. You also assume if Coventry fails no one else will try. There you are wrong. We want to keep Coventry and we want you and BP to run it. We can do our bit but we need help and encouragement from your side next year.
dutchboy

Post by dutchboy »

A very difficult situation here, I understand what you're saying coppinpr. But with a bad mood I don't know if I would understand the same.... I think it's like business, if you don't react to the market you will lose. I think if you move to another day or time EH will also change.
jimmycowman

Post by jimmycowman »

If we can get some star lots at Coventry surely that will pull the crowd......... What are the selling rates at each auction?
slotibartfast

Post by slotibartfast »

I am relatively new to the forum, so apologies if this is a daft question ... could the forum itself not have a regular online sales section/auction (maybe quarterly)? Reading about all of the ongoing issues between the EH and Coventry auctions, I'm sure the members on this site could organise something pretty good between them. The community on this site is brilliant and very supportive. Setting this up could help reduce (potential) unnecessary travel and promote reduced commission rates (with the lion's share sales price to seller and some cash to the respected webmaster for hosting). Appreciate that the 'real' auctions will throw up new examples to buy and it is a day out. However, I'd rather buy something direct from this forum than Ebay or have a speculative drive to Leamington Spa in the hope that the one grainy photo I saw online doesn't end up being a painted orange box. Like I say, apologies if this has been considered or is a non-starter ... just a thought. :)
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

this site does have a section to sell and auction machines as does BP and my site www.penny-arcade.info, in fact there will be a couple more machines going on the latter site in the near future. :cool:
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

badpenny wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:44 pm I'm off on my boat now for a couple of weeks.
I've nothing to add anyway, I'm heartily sick of the whole damn thing.

!!STEER!!
BP have you found your way home yet or are you still lost at sea, it's been a while, we may have to send out the search party !!PLANE!!
john t peterson

Post by john t peterson »

I'll come over the fly the plane, !!PLANE!! if necessary.

J Peterson
SAR pilot
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Hi, yes I'm back, I just don't really feel in the mood to say anything.

Thanks for asking though. :tarah: