Discuss our on-site auctions and other slot machine auctions.
cheeky

Re: Elephant House Auctions

Postby cheeky » Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:23 pm

Agreed. It’s been dropping year on year with preference for later machines which are now some of the most sought after. Times are a changing. I wonder what we will be saying in another 20 years.... or sooner.

badpenny
Forum Moderator

Postby badpenny » Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:58 pm

cheeky wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:23 pm
Agreed. It’s been dropping year on year with preference for later machines which are now some of the most sought after. Times are a changing. I wonder what we will be saying in another 20 years.... or sooner.
I fully expect at that point I'd be banging on my lid and shouting "Get me outta here, I demand a second opinion!"

BP !!DIG!!

cait001

Postby cait001 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:20 pm

cheeky wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:23 pm
You see this a lot in American pinball collecting too. Not many people want the 30s-60s games much any more and their prices have stagnated or dropped, whiles 80s-onward has been on fire.

treefrog

Postby treefrog » Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:43 pm

I am sure there will always be a greater level of demand for machines that people can remember, but think about it, most people I have seen for example into jukeboxes were not around when they operated, same is with most machines. I remember no allwins, jukes, a few bandits, but collect them. There will always be an interest in rare old items as someone else will always come along.

treefrog

Postby treefrog » Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:57 pm

Well the first auction of the year and boy was it cold at the Elephant today. I see it put a lot of regulars off, probably around a dozen slotty punters there. The lots were part another collectors passing and many needed a lot of TLC....this did not put off the bidders though and I was surprised at the levels they reached with the condition, no bargains today :#:

Nicest machine of the day, very original Bryan’s Elevenses......

Still I got one item I was after......looking forward to the next auction around the land coming up !!THUMBSX2!!

pennymachines
Site Admin

Postby pennymachines » Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:33 pm

Latest sale results are now up on the Elephant House results page,
and here in the Arena.

brigham

Postby brigham » Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:53 pm

Genuine GPO Telephone No. 150 for fifteen quid.
Now THAT'S a bargain!
Beromat types are still cheap; I wish I liked them. Alwins in general I thought reasonable.

treefrog

Postby treefrog » Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:35 pm

All a good reason to attend auctions.......

The telephone was not complete and the Beromats were seriously rough and I mean seriously.... none worked properly, most missing bits or very bad/missing cabinets. I would have been happy if it were me selling them and about to dig out about 15 I have stored. :cool:

coppinpr

Postby coppinpr » Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:30 am

Tomorrows auction (31st March) looks a strange one, possibly a buyer day rather than a sellers. Kicks off with about 10 trade stims in a row then it fades away a bit before bouncing back with about 8 Jennings Chief style machines in a row. There are, I think, three cranes plus two or three crane/digger mechs. There are even three Bryans Bullions, one after the other. There is a long row of Bandits, but not so many Allwins as usual it seemed to me at first sight, but there are actually 25 including 4 Elevenses also pretty much all in a row. Clearly a lot of fairground stuff and a very large number of illuminated arcade signs. With over 400 lots, it's going to be a long uncomfortable day... not the sit back in the bar style of Coventry. :NBG:

jimmycowman

Postby jimmycowman » Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:59 am

I'm banned from going - it's mothers day........ Some nice machines there. Shame :dammit: