EH / Collector Connector sales

Discuss our on-site auctions and other slot machine auctions.
widget2k4

Re: Elephant House Auctions

Post by widget2k4 »

Conveyor was working fine.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

bryans fan wrote:If I knew what a nail was I would try to answer?
He means a lemon. :cool:
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

The Conveyor appeared to be modern, albeit a faithful copy of an original. I think it was Terry Powell who reproduced these in the 1990s.
261.jpg

Full results with pictures now in the Arena.
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

Auction results with pictures for March 13th, April 3rd and April 17th now in the Arena.
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

Today's slot machine sale results now in the Arena.
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

That was quick Mr PM,

Was not going to go today, suspect lots of others may have said the same as was not busy..

Did not buy any amusements, but was not paying attention when the bargain of the day (unless I am missing something) went for £320, a Chinese Front Jennings Standard Chief on old penny. No back door and rough casting, but would have looked nice after polishing....

Most of the other stuff was close to market values, except the never used Bell Penny Cascade which sold for £1200 excluding comm......wow wow wow....

Couple of machines never seen before at the end - the Walk the Plank and the Rock n Roll skill game.
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

My son in law (a very keen fisherman) asked me to see what the old fishing kit (last item in the catalogue) went for but it's not on the results. Did it sell? Was it removed? Anyone know?

One or two things I'd have liked for restoration, especially the Rock-ola TNT. The Jubilee bandit seems a little over-priced compared to the other bandits. I nearly put in a postal bid for the Jennings - wish I had.
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

You may have to wait for Steve's results on the fishing kit (or email him) - I was queuing to pay and didn't write it down. I think it sold.
I was also interested in the TNT, never having seen one before. Completely hidden in Steve's pictures (and mine) is the extensive woodworm in the playfield - tricky to repair while preserving the graphics. Judging by the number of machines remaining at the end, there were many absentee buyers. There's no pre-view day, so I hope they asked the right questions. !!UHOH!!
highfield

Post by highfield »

Less than half the number of attendees for this auction versus last one. Very few of those attending actually bidding and so many commission bids may lead to smaller attendance at next auction.
widget2k4

Post by widget2k4 »

I doubt anything will be done with the Playfield on the tnt, it will probably be just cleaned up and left as it is, I think it just adds to its character
mademenicole

Post by mademenicole »

important results of todays auction at elephants ??

circle skill machine ?
spitfire pinball ?

thanks
aristomatic

Post by aristomatic »

I didn't go but told that 40 maybe 50 people there?

Watling went for around 1300 he said, others who went may be able to confirm or not.

gp
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Not sure on either exactly, but think the Circle Skill was around 460 to 480 and the printable around 500 ish.

Odd auction as some items went cheap and some rocketed.......example one of the Tooty Fruitys went for I think £120.

I bought the Safari allwin, nice blue Formica one for £290 with only Steve as my opposing bidder, as they were no commissions..... Like these machines, they are quality...

But machines like the Rotolite almost made £700.

There were not many machines, but a few hidden gems... For me the bargain and machine of the day, was a boring old Bryans clock.... the one that had been in an arcade basement for 45 years. This machine was like new, mint. I thought at first it had been recased, but no. it just had not been used. I was talking when this came up and it sold for £250.... Must be one of the best out there.
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

Results of June 26th sale now in the Arena - photos courtesy of TreeFrog.
hiflyer

Post by hiflyer »

What's happening to these auctions? The 24th July is supposed to be Vintage Amusements + Jukeboxes, Americana & Rock-n-Roll Retro. Really? Can't see me driving 100 miles for that stuff. Might as well go to a boot sale. :#:
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

One of our mods telephoned me about defamatory remarks in this thread yesterday, which we agreed should be edited or deleted. Before we concluded our conversation, the content was removed by the hosting server in response to an abuse report.

I don't wish to stifle free speech, but would like to remind members, for the sake of this website and the hobby in general, to exercise judgement in their postings.
arrgee

Post by arrgee »

I see that 2 more postings have been deleted from this string
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

I think JC went a little too far on a public forum,which is what I hinted at in my post (which also got removed !PUZZLED! ) perhaps because it refered to his post :!?!:
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

In the interests of transparency, as I said above, two posts were removed from this thread, not by me or the moderators, but by the hosting service following an abuse report. This was coincident with my decision to remove the content, following a call from one of our moderators. I then removed another two posts yesterday, which would have triggered another abuse report, with possibly more serious consequences for the poster and this website.

As provider of this forum I try to steer a path between encouraging free speech and ensuring that content remains within civil and legal bounds.

I hope that clarifies what's been going on and I ask you to let it rest now. If anyone is interested in the section of the 2013 Defamation Act, as it applies to websites, see: http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/201 ... /5/enacted

Wikipedia page on the act: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defamation_Act_2013
jingle

Post by jingle »

Auction wars
Could be a
New tv programme !SMARTY!