EH / Collector Connector sales

Discuss our on-site auctions and other slot machine auctions.
pennymachines
Site Admin

Re: Elephant House Auctions

Post by pennymachines »

Full slot machine results with pictures now in the Arena.
* Revised 02/08/18 on a few items which appeared to sell but didn't make reserve.
sutton

Elephant house

Post by sutton »

Topic merged - Site Admin.

Did anyone go to the elephant house today. if so what was the prices like ?
aristomatic

Re: Elephant house

Post by aristomatic »

I was there for 15 mins before it started but have seen some prices and the bandits seemed to realise prices lower than say previous 2 or 3 auctions. I have only only seen a selection of prices though?
aristomatic

Post by aristomatic »

Mods please move to largerv thread?
sarg

Post by sarg »

Prices back to normal, might see the same machines back next month's though '!'
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

aristomatic wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:49 pm Mods please move to largerv thread?
Hi .....
I imagine the surplus "v" is due to fat finger typing with the space bar, but which larger thread are you referring to?
BP
bryans fan

Post by bryans fan »

Probably the one that goes to 91 pages! Elephant House Auctions.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Oh, I see, I have to be honest, that subject is not really an interest of mine.

I'll have a go later when I've tired of watching planks warp. !!COOEE!!
geordy55

Post by geordy55 »

Ok, so I'm new to bandits and slot machines, but have just spent most of the morning reading the comments in this thread ( when I should have been working). It's fascinating knowing people on here are usually at the EH auctions but I have no idea who they are. I've been to the last 2 ( not Aug ) and bought each time and seen the same faces each time. I'd probably get recognised as I bring the wife and she stands out more than most. I'm planning to go to the Coventry auction for the first time, but a little disappointed thhat they only take cash and no debit/credit card facilities. Is there an option to pay by direct bank transfer on the day I wonder ?
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

Coventry is cash only I'm afraid. I've tried in the past to offer the boys a card facility I'd run for them but they are not lovers of change. Bottom line is, as long as you know it's cash in advance you can make arrangements to bring cash. You want to try buying AND selling at Coventry, you have to pay for what you have bought before you can claim back the money from sales, but it works for them I guess.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Not true!
It's false to say we are not lovers of change, we don't mind if you pay in notes or change.

Nor is it true to say that people on this forum are usually at EH. There are a lot of collectors with long memories who would never go near the place, but that's their story.
There are many reasons for the way we run Coventry, which have been repeated so many times it is now very well documented.

Additionally ......
If you have ever turned up at a live auction intent on a particular lot only to discover that although you are the highest bidder in the room the auctioneer starts referring to commission bids and then the phones and finally everybody and his dog who are watching and bidding via the internet. Then you'll know how frustrating and fruitless that can be.
Reading this forum will also clarify for you the frustrations experienced by some of the commission and internet bidders trying to get their deposits back and even the lots they have bought.

Being less complicated all Coventry has to do is reward you for attending by only making you bid against those attending. We then take your money and let you leave with your purchases, then we let the vendors do the same.
We are collectors ourselves and have no intention of destroying any competition.

I seem to say this every year, I shall not mention it again.
!!COOEE!!
geordy55

Post by geordy55 »

Thanks for the reply BP, I understand why it's done, just when you have an intention to spend a bit, I don't necessarily want to carry around a load of notes.
The reference to those on here attending EH only comes from reading back a few years on this thread about who knows who at the auctions, that's all.
As I said, I'm new to this and learning a lot. Don't suppose I'll ever have the expertise of a lot of people on here, nor do I know who the collectors are from the restorers/sellers but I have been bitten and even the wife likes the auctions!
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Of course you will have the expertise of a lot of people on here given time. Some exceed the average very quickly and most stick to a particular genre of machine and become the one to turn to.

I for example am the one to turn to if you want to hear a view from a parallel world that only sounds roughly connected with the subject at hand.
BP |/XX\|
aristomatic

Post by aristomatic »

Results online
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

And in the Arena.
big tim

Post by big tim »

High there.

Having been badly scammed by EH and know of others in the same boat, I still have a love affair with bandits and Allwins and now need to find a regular auction house for main ex fairground lots who have a more honest approach to their dealings with the general public. Does "Coventry" email the auction listings to interested parties and whereabouts is the Auction House please.

Many thanks

Tim
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

You can go to a normal auction house and pay 25% both ways for regaular auction, except there are no other regular auction houses selling these items, only occasionally. Also it seems the sellers at these end up hugely disappointed.

Coventry is once a year, not regular.............but an alternative and coming up soon...

But you probably already know all this anyway and have not shared what your issue was, so who knows.... !PUZZLED!
big tim

Post by big tim »

Tyvm Treefrog

I guess I will have to continue hunting on eBay then but would prefer to go to a good regular auction .

As for Steve Huntand my problem and others too, from what I have read on here I guess you are aware of people winning and paying for bids and receiving zilch months and months later. it's all very well saying he has a heart of gold but the truth is he owes people an awful lot and heart of gold or not he needs to pay his bills.

"Bids
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

If you go to the auction house you can collect items, probably best way as I know he is still busy with the building works. I travel the country literally to get what I want, like I bought the Nevada the other day on eBay. 400 miles each way......you need to do the miles I am afraid. Unless your not in U.K. Collect or organise courier you will get what you want then....

eBay is a waste of time now accept for the occasional person buying gc passes.....
big tim

Post by big tim »

thank you Treefrog.

Yes I know you can collect but I and others opted for delivery and are charged accordingly and sadly that's the last we hear from him. Money and goods are never heard from again.

Seems to me you think that's ok.

Well I've been waiting for the best part of a year for my goods or over 500 back from him and all I get back from him is unanswered emails, tweets and phone calls.

Maybe someone with a heart of gold should actually do better.