EH / Collector Connector sales

Discuss our on-site auctions and other slot machine auctions.
tdmnick

Re: Elephant House Auctions

Post by tdmnick »

I decided not to go: partly as not much that interested me as I don't go for the reels and enamel signs of which there were many, and partly as I'd rather keep the old powder dry for next week just in case!

I will be interested to see though how much the singing bird with chicks automaton (Bontems) and the Bryan's Six-o-More go for.
mademenicole

Post by mademenicole »

Anybody up there visiting EH today ?

so could you please post the most interesting results ?

Thank you
aristomatic

Post by aristomatic »

Extremely Busy I believe @ EH.
High Prices on most items sold
Not the usual crowd he says....

Mills Bonus Hitops £1400
Jennings Buckaroo £5000

Average Hitops 600/700+
mademenicole

Post by mademenicole »

Results of
?????

Chicago Club house
Wurlitzer 3031
Honda Monkey
Heureka
Double Loop
4 Ball machine
Shield Catcher
3 Barrels
Tir Fritz
Poker Pintable
Cover girl
Jukebox Ami A
Beromat
Coke register

Thanks to aristomatic

Could you post it???
aristomatic

Post by aristomatic »

No idea of those prices I'm afraid.

Had a very short and difficult to hear mobile call
from a friend who was attending. He did say it's
taking some time to get thru the lots too............
mademenicole

Post by mademenicole »

Thank you.

May be your friend can later post the results.

Regards
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

The site will list results, Elephant that is, soon I am sure......

Well bloody hell, people really were desperate to own machines.....think of the highest price you would pay for a machine and add 30%.... :!: !OMFG!

I was not one of the lucky vendors to submit machines, they will take days to get home with the weights in their pockets.....bandits high, allwins, medium to high, some older wall machines as mentioned above seemed cheaper to me, but not cheap..

Good to see Gloria back in full swing. At last I left early and did not have to stand in the very long queue for an hour, as was getting very cold
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

be interesting to know how many lots didnt sell,Mr P. will work his crystal ball soon enough and "all will be revealed" !LOOK!
bill gates

Post by bill gates »

The EH was packed today. No chairs to sit on either....bandits are my interest and today was definitely a good day for sellers. Unfortunately for me, I decided to pass on the Buckley bones to save my money for the Jennings buckaroo which did look really nice. As it happened I missed out on both. I just wish the bones was listed later in the auction. Went quite cheap I thought. I ended up with nothing yet again....
Funny thing with the buckeroo, I lined up 4 jackpot symbols and machine didn’t trip the jackpot, the payout fingers didn’t go all the way through, so I lined up 3 bells which payed out, as I put machine back together an old guy scooped out the coins it paid and put them in his pocket and turned away! I wanted those to play it a little! Cheeky sod I thought to myself.....later he was the highest bidder for it so made me laugh even more :HaHa: oh, and another thing, three people were leaning on it, I was thinking to myself PLEASE don’t scratch it! The chrome work looked immaculate. Hate that... :lol:
aristomatic

Post by aristomatic »

Well this was the first time that i had entered bandits @ EH................................

I couldn't attend either auction but last week was almost driving past the EH so
decided to drop a few machines off, nothing special. By the slot prices realised
maybe should have took a few more down.....but hindsight is a wonderful thing

It's strange but a members large collection that he couldn't sell at prices he wanted
to achieve for a long time, has probably realised far greater returns today @ the EH.
widget2k4

Post by widget2k4 »

bill gates wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:16 pm The EH was packed today. No chairs to sit on either....bandits are my interest and today was definitely a good day for sellers. Unfortunately for me, I decided to pass on the Buckley bones to save my money for the Jennings buckaroo which did look really nice. As it happened I missed out on both. I just wish the bones was listed later in the auction. Went quite cheap I thought. I ended up with nothing yet again....
Funny thing with the buckeroo, I lined up 4 jackpot symbols and machine didn’t trip the jackpot, the payout fingers didn’t go all the way through, so I lined up 3 bells which payed out, as I put machine back together an old guy scooped out the coins it paid and put them in his pocket and turned away! I wanted those to play it a little! Cheeky sod I thought to myself.....later he was the highest bidder for it so made me laugh even more :HaHa: oh, and another thing, three people were leaning on it, I was thinking to myself PLEASE don’t scratch it! The chrome work looked immaculate. Hate that... :lol:
That’s very strange as I tripped the jackpot twice to empty it with 4 buckaroos and also tried it with all other combinations also
jimmycowman

Post by jimmycowman »

What did the 3 Barrels make?
bryansjim

Post by bryansjim »

I went, got to lot 100 and had enough. 50 lots an hour - I thought I'm never going to get home. I fancied the cartridge display pictures but couldn't be arsed waiting around.
Buckley Bones: £3300
Jennings Standard Chief, nice but too pricey for me: £1700
Jennings Peacock, looked nice, don't know how original it was, seemed a bargain at: £440
Nice War Eagle: £1500 couldn't see MLB on the mech parts though.
Roman Head: £760
Black Cherry: £1300
Gapwin: £1900
Peep Show: £400
Rippler: £380
Clock: £440
Fruit Bowl: £720
Bullion: £720
Nice Trickler: £2100
Then I Buggered off home. 😀
gm

Post by gm »

Must agree with previous posting about the time it took but can anybody tell me why Steve always have to have bids on virtually every lot and Gloria has bids on the book as well ? Why can't Gloria have all the bids as in normal auctions? It all adds to the time and as for waiting to pay? I am told the queue nearly went out the door. Steve needs help but can't see that happening! At least at Coventry we wait but the organisation is far better.
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

It is funny, the top comment I hear everyone and I mean everyone I talk to including many members on here is the queue and non payment immediately for Coventry. Funny as at the EH I reckon you have to wait a lot longer if you don’t jump in quick. At Coventry there are three people lined up dealing with invoices, counting money etc and EH one.....I reckon this is more a Chinese whispers situation I am afraid. In the early days of the Elephant it was quieter and yes easier, not so anymore......

The only main issue with Coventry I suspect is getting wider exposure. I spoke to three people at EH sharing details of the auction a week later who had never heard of it....not sure why as both are on websites etc, I guess EH has built up a reputation now......on that note any updates on Coventry? :D

Adding a note, this year the Coventry thread is very short with little discussion or updates compared to previous years. Used to go on for many pages.... perhaps there should be just a single thread like EH has.... It needs to be at the top of the discussion list I suspect.
hiflyer

Post by hiflyer »

In reply to GM. Work it out. I don't think Gloria does have bids on the book. I think it's probably just a way of using a reserve price to push the bids up. Sometimes the book appears to win but the item turns out to be unsold. Steve has all the commission bids but why does he have to control everything that goes on? The admin at the EH auction is just too much for a one man band and a couple of times it was stopped for a break for Steve to catch up. The queue to pay started at about 2pm and by the time I gave up and left at about 4:45 it was stretching to the door. Surely paying a couple of helpers fifty quid or so for a day's work would make the whole thing run more efficiently? The lots I was interested in were near the end of the list. I gave in and went home at lot 235. The last lot was 328 so another couple of hours standing in the cold was not for me. Anyone know what time it finally finished and the last weary payer escaped?
sweetmeats

Post by sweetmeats »

The que to pay lasted until 8 pm !!!
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

sweetmeats wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:17 pm The que to pay lasted until 8 pm !!!
:HaHa: :HaHa: :HaHa: I got home just after that time after a 3 hour drive......
aristomatic

Post by aristomatic »

I have always thought that. regardless of auction lots and how the auction is handled, the actual start time could be earlier, e.g.11.00am or Noon at the latest. Does Steve allow lots to be delivered on the morning of the sale?

I just checked the Coventry site and it states doors open for viewing from 10.30am but no start time? Do any applicable Sunday Trading laws apply at either of these sites?
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Coventry auction starts at 12.30