Discuss our on-site auctions and other slot machine auctions.
treefrog

Re: Elephant House Auctions

Postby treefrog » Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:53 pm

Looks like Top Hat did sell for a low £480

Seemed people wanted lots for some machines which I thought had hit high prices like the Commercial/Caille not selling at £750 and the R&W Fill Em Up hitting an incredible £1000 !PUZZLED! Very odd I would have been dancing as a seller...

Rol a Top was cheap, no idea if a good one, but cheapest I have seen at £2000

dutchboy

Postby dutchboy » Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:52 am

It looked to me there was some welding done at the mechanism on some parts of the Watling. I can’t download the pic from the site sadly.
Greetings.

brianh

Postby brianh » Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:46 am

treefrog wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:53 pm
Looks like Top Hat did sell for a low £480
That's very odd, Treefrog - I was there and could've sworn it was not sold, but I can see, as you say, that in the EH results it now shows as "sold" and if so, that seems a very low price?. Either I dozed off or someone bought it after the auction, if that is possible. !PUZZLED!

treefrog

Postby treefrog » Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:49 am

Yes it is possible it was bought afterwards... There may have been a reserve etc. I have done this at many auctions... Yes, seemed cheap and a lot less thant the seller paid when I posted about the machine previously and after all the work they had done...but that is auctions for you... The Elephant was quiet on Sunday or quieter than usual, holiday season maybe as half term.

pennymachines
Site Admin

Postby pennymachines » Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:50 pm

Seemed to be a combination of cautious buyers and ambitious reserves with a few bargains scattered in the mix. The Pace Comet at £300 seemed very cheap.

147.jpg
Another result that intrigued me was the blue Stevenson & Lovett Grip Teze which sold for £450, compared to the red one which made £1,200 in November 2017. They are the only two examples I've seen, and interesting how they differ in design. I guess, given the size, they're more of an arcade than collector's machine.
2Gripteze.jpg

moonriver

Postby moonriver » Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:56 pm

treefrog wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:49 am
The Elephant was quiet on Sunday or quieter than usual, holiday season maybe as half term.
Seems a silly time to have one, that's two I've missed now/ !!GRUMP!!

coppinpr

Postby coppinpr » Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:19 am

Looking at the results, there seems to be good few low priced machines especially in the bandits. I know three machines went to Germany including the Katgit catcher and the See Saw allwin, because it was a friend of mine who bought them. The only lot I did bid on (I was not there) was lot 4 the Daval exray trade stim which despite what I thought was a high bid seems to have not sold(?) If I HAD been there I think I would have bought the Buckley "payday" pinball, at £160 you couldn't lose, even if it was empty you could convert it into one of the increasingly popular pin ball coffee tables and sell easy for £350+ to recover your loss.

treefrog

Postby treefrog » Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:01 am

Problem is the Payday pin table is not that attractive as early machines go... What is unusual is the payout... This is the same machine that I saw in a Wales auction last year. Then it made £130... I am guessing not working and maybe needing parts or tender care... Go for someone in the know....

This auction was full of such machines.... Top of my list would have been the very cheap Diana wall shooter......cheap at £250.

Thought the Gripeze machines look great, but just such big lumps. !!THUMBSX2!!

brigham

Postby brigham » Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:14 pm

I'd certainly have had the pre-flipper pintable. I was offered 16 random examples for 3 grand last year, delivered!
Where to put them was the problem. I certainly missed out there.
As for bandits, the PACE was a bargain. Anyone know why the Firman brought £950, but the 'real thing' two lots later went for a mere £580?

widget2k4

Postby widget2k4 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:24 pm

The Firman is a rarer machine than Poinsettia. :)