EH / Collector Connector sales

Discuss our on-site auctions and other slot machine auctions.
aristomatic

Re: Elephant House Auctions

Post by aristomatic »

I didn't go to the last auction. The one before, I think the Bonus hammer price was just over 900, so I presume the reserve is/was a grand or more. At least that Sega Hitop case and Mills backdoor are now sold!
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

Full slot machine results with pictures (including unsold lots) now in the Arena.
The Bonus sold for £850, whether to the hammer or by agreement afterwards, I'm not sure. The Hidden Treasure was £1500 and the Witches Cave £760.
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

The Bonus was cheap, suspect the seller reduced their reserve, but maybe wished they left it lower in the previous sale. Those Olly Whales doors fetched a fair old price very few bargains in this sale....
bryans fan

Post by bryans fan »

Wednesday morning and catalogue still being compiled. It makes it very hard to decide whether to travel or not, and if its not ready till Friday or Sat it is too late to leave a comission bid. I think monthly is stretching Steve too much.
slotsoffun

Post by slotsoffun »

Does appear that way. Looks too that about 50% of the lots are parts... and 30% non-Machine related. It's almost as if it's got late in the week and not enough submissions so what better way to bump up the Lot quantities than to list 5 different award cards, 5 different pay slides, 5 different top light boxes....
But I guess there will be quiet months, hopefully the one's before Christmas will be rammed with goodies!!!! !WORSHIPFULL!
(Coventry included too!)
bandito

Post by bandito »

hi guys, i notice you can place Absentee Bids at this auction. what gets me is you only need to give a 10% deposit for the amount of your total bids before you can bid. should you not win an item the deposit is refunded to you at no extra charge. so how come if you attend the auction and stand there for hours, win your item and pay for your item by debit card (the same way you can leave your deposit for free) you will be charged 5% on top of the 10% commission?? eh say the 5% is to cover the banks charges. seems a lot to me. so it is free for some, not for others. must be the bank of wonga!!
gameswat

Post by gameswat »

Just had a quick check of the latest EH catalogue and saw the Watling Rolatop listed as the "Rolls Royce of slot machines"!! What the? There are very few coin-ops I've worked on that come even remotely close to any comparison to RR, and the Rolatops cetainly aren't one of them!
bandito

Post by bandito »

Oh yes, the rolatop. Interesting. Nice dark pictures of it. Only missing a few parts from what I can make out. I can only presume that it has not arrived yet or eh would have posted better pictures for us all to see. Anyone going tomorrow to bid on it might want go check first to see if it is there. Shame they are light on bandits this month. Hope the Coventry auction next month has plenty on offer :D oh, and I must remember to bring some change for the coffee machine.
If I go, I will post a video on here of the rolatop.
bryans fan

Post by bryans fan »

bandito

Post by bandito »

So now we have a couple of extra pics. I suspect more issues due to the lack of pictures. As for the description................ "A very rare opportunity to acquire an un-abused example"
Attachments
image.jpg
slotsoffun

Post by slotsoffun »

I notice the vender knob missing on side, so I assume the mech for vender missing. No point having the vender covers on front if they are not functioning in my opinion. As for getting hold of the vend mech, impossible!!
May fetch an over-inflated price just because it's the only thing worth watching in this months auction!!!!!
bill gates

Post by bill gates »

Rolatop good bits, it works ok. Pays out ok. Has a good back door and escalator looks good. Bad bits, lots of putty inside at the top of the lower casting. Painted over on the outside, no skull stop bits inside on mech, no vendor gubbings inside machine. Base plate chipped in the corner as banditos picture.
bill gates

Post by bill gates »

Rolatop fetched £3450 plus 10%. Way too much in my opinion. Guess the guy who bought it should have gone to specsavers !OMFG!
slotalot

Post by slotalot »

bill gates wrote: Guess the guy who bought it should have gone to specsavers !OMFG!
He should have gone to Coventry... :!?!:
gameswat

Post by gameswat »

I guess it did have one thing in common with Rolls Royce - the price!
raj

Post by raj »

lost interest when a couple of the jennings that 'sold' last month on commision, 'sold' again, on commision bids. They will pop up in the December sale no doubt.
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Very little at the auction and was not going to go with diesel costs.....bought very little, but did get one machine the "Fruit Cocktail"as love the graphics and simple plastic case. One sold in the previous auction as well, no idea who made them, anyone know?

Don't understand why Rol a Tops are worth so much, simple machine with a fancy front, these was a crazy price....
Attachments
fruit.jpg
raj

Post by raj »

now this is just a theory, along the lines of the '90's classic car boom. By investing a relatively small sum, (15%) a 'market' develops for a high ticket item and thus the market is seeded for the next few sales to draw in new bidders who are unaware of the history. As I say, just a theory, or maybe scrappy Rolatops really are worth nearly 4 grand.
bandito

Post by bandito »

EH Rolatop October 2014

slotsoffun

Post by slotsoffun »

Shame it was missing the vender mech! As for prices, whether your a lover or hater of the rol-a-top range, these ARE rare and do hold their prices. Having just returned from a trip to the states almost every dealer who had one had a price tag of $6000 - 8000 (approx £4000 - £5000), and these were average/tatty condition. The original and untouched rol-a-tor were fetching $9000 and more!

The one at EH was an early one, you can tell by the mech, and how the reel stop levers are placed. 2 hit the reel discs and 1 catches at the far right. Later versions have all 3 stop arms catching the reel discs.

I personally would not have paid that much for it, because if it has venders fitted then it needs the vender mech, as other colectors may have found, picking up spares for a watling is somewhat difficult.

As for EH this month, was a big disappointment, with almost all parts and junk selling, and as mentioned elsewhere here, the very few machines won were commission bids!!! MMMmmmm!!!!!! I wonder!!!!

Still not put me off going again, they are well run and organised on the day, and I suppose they can't control what gets entered!!!

(anyone got a rol-a-top!!! :HaHa: )