Coventry Auction: Sunday 26th November 2017

Discuss our on-site auctions and other slot machine auctions.
pennymachines
Site Admin

Re: Coventry Auction: Sunday 26th November 2017

Post by pennymachines »

JC wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:15 pm I've also emailed then to Mr PM, so they will no doubt be available to view in the ARENA shortly.
Done! Thank you Jerry.
bryans fan

Post by bryans fan »

Thanks for the photos PM.
brigham

Post by brigham »

geordy55 wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:19 pm I bought the Bally Bulls Eye, never owned one and I’m more of a mechanic than electrician, but for £20, couldn’t resist. Switched it on, it all lights up, pennies go in but handle won’t move. This is one for the future as I have enough mechanical machines to work on at the moment.
I've now got TWO Super Blue Stars, a Gold Award and a Rio (which I seem to think is a Joe Corrigan conversion).
If you would rather sell the Bulls Eye on, I'd be interested. It was one of my favourites as a player (rather than collector), along with Sir Prize and the two Jolly ones; joker and something else.
tammy

Post by tammy »

I find it a shame that the Coventry Slots Auctions are always held in late autumn almost early Winter. I am now not a young man so don't enjoy traveling on the roads at that time of year. I am from East Yorkshire so it's quite a distance too, pity they couldn't have an auction nearer me for the Northern areas or at least in Summer when I will push myself to travel and stay overnight. I have put an advert in the market place for an early one arm bandit as I am after something like a Roman Head bandit or a Melfruit bandit with light up top box if anyone near me has one to sell that is not too dear.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

tammy .... I'm sorry to hear your issues.
I'm sure you already know what I'm going to say.
Those in the South want us to run them there.
Those in the North want us to run them there.

We're never going to win that one.
We run them in Coventry because it is the centre and has excellent road and rail connections.
We did run a couple in Hertfordshire, the overheads were unproportionately high and as an exercise it might have been cheaper to stand in a field tearing up £20 notes for a quarter of an hour.

At the time those living in that area wanted to buy not sell, this is starting to become a nationwide theme.
Demand is great but there has to be a supply as well.
At the moment I note a lot of machines for sale around eBay etc but the prices asked are top list and then some.
That tells you the state of the market.

We run them at the end of the year for many reasons, it avoids the yearly Sundays called "Mothering" "Valentine's" etc. avoids Summer holidays, bank holidays and panders to those who want to buy themselves a Chrissie present.

If you have solutions please let's hear them.

Good luck hunting for your bandit

BP :cool: