Does anybody ever buy and sell?

Discuss our on-site auctions and other slot machine auctions.
bill gates

Re: Does anybody ever buy and sell?

Post by bill gates »

In regards to import duty from the States, my first machine I bought off eBay and had shipped to the UK cost me 15 of 17.5 percent duty on top of the invoice figure. Was just over £300 for a 3000 dollar machine. Next machine I bought from the Nation's Attic only cost me 5% duty because a code was used on the invoice for my purchase. So I learned the hard way about import duty. I also believe that any item (antique) which you can prove is over 100 years old can be imported duty free. Nice if you collect the early machines........
Every year more collectors join the ranks looking for nice machines to add to their collections. That includes me. :)
treefrog

Re: Does anybody ever buy and sell?

Post by treefrog »

I have had mixed results. I use to buy gold from the US many decades ago of which bullion is tax and duty free - you just needed to put the appropriate code on the form. Problem is, most sellers will not do what you ask and add codes as they are concerned about fraud etc.

On machines I have had mixed results with a Bryans Elevenses costing no duty. The Bryans machine was posted via US parcel service.