When is it illegal to sell a slot machine?

Discuss our on-site auctions and other slot machine auctions.
operator bell

Post by operator bell »

Heh - having gone back and read the rest of this thread, I'm glad I took the trouble to at least think of a name before posting !COOOL! - and I went on to register afterwards.

Perhaps the answer to the legal conundrum is a Private Member's Bill? That's how the laws were relaxed in the USA, when someone's important collection was threatened by California's $500 possession law ($500 fine per machine, per day, I believe). A law quickly passed in California to exempt machines over 25 years old. Of course in the USA anyone can just show up in broad daylight with a briefcase of cash and pay for a law out of pocket - in Britain it may be a bit more difficult, since your pols have at least heard of principles. But I bet with a bit of patience you could find a back-bencher willing to make the play, particularly in the dog days of an unpopular administration when there's nothing else much going on. It would probably pass on the nod.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Thanks Operator Bell ......... Regarding the law and trying to change it, you have managed to succinctly point out what I have been rambling on about constantly in my various posts on this thread. Yay!!!!!
:P