Ebay user name...

Discuss our on-site auctions and other slot machine auctions.
sarg

Ebay user name...

Post by sarg »

Could the ebay seller please pm regarding machines. thanks
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Re: Ebay user name...

Post by badpenny »

Interesting?

If you know he's a member here, why don't you pm him through this site?
Or ......
Are you aware that eBay monitor the content of some of the messages sent through their personal message system, so are trying to track him outside of the auction?

I'm not sure if Bill Smith will contact you, not his real name of course, his real name is Bobby Linoleum. However he didn't choose to market them through this site, so It'll be interesting to see if PM needs to start a new Section on the forum to encourage tracking down vendors.

Alternatively perhaps we need to investigate if our standing on the web is compromised or enhanced if we support this activity ..... only asking! !SAINT!

BP
I can only suggest an extreme set of circumastances for this post as OP has not suggested an alternative one. Perhaps it's just my twisted and suspicious mind :oops:
radiochrissie

Post by radiochrissie »

I know who this is.....let me contact him and then it’s up to him to contact you on here.

I can see this being a good way round the new eBay contact rules |/XX\|
sarg

Post by sarg »

radiochrissie wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:51 pm I know who this is.....let me contact him and then it’s up to him to contact you on here.

I can see this being a good way round the new eBay contact rules |/XX\|

All sorted thanks.

Yes ebay is a pain when mentioning anything about a slot machine.

Yes the person is on here and it's the only way I could get his email without jeopardizing his ebay account.
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

Perhaps any forum member wishing to participate could add there ebay name to their profile on the forum,not perfect but a start :!?!:
JC

Post by JC »

I think the point BP was making is that this is probably not an activity for which this forum is intended.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

I am awaiting a ruling.
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

I think BP's suggestion is the least problematic - if you want to communicate directly with an eBay user you know to be a pennymachines member - send a pm. No different from giving them a bell because you know their phone number, or knocking on their door if you know where they live...

As for posting eBay IDs here, I wouldn't recommend it. I don't think it would be a problem for the site, but it might put your eBay account in jeopardy while they're so committed to preventing such circumventions. Is it too pessimistic to imagine a rival bidder/seller pointing eBay police to this page? (I've taken the precaution of removing the user's ID from this thread title).

In response to a small but apparently significant minority using eBay for off-site selling, they're now banning the accounts of users who send contact details outside of the purchase transaction, regardless of purpose. I understand why they took the decision, and why people are very frustrated by it. I lost interest in buying and selling slots through eBay when they started to disguise bidder IDs. Then the fees went up and the Gambling Commission cracked down. :-(