Electrodart on eBay

Discuss our on-site auctions and other slot machine auctions.
rippyspennyarcade

Electrodart on eBay

Post by rippyspennyarcade »

Regarding the Electrodart for sale on eBay, Item Number 273157765732, if you look at picture 3 you can see the dart image lit just above the SCORE EITHER, yet on picture 2 (inside) there are NO wires and no bulb or bulb holder in sight. The seller messaged me stating clearly that 'no wires were missing'. How did that image manage to light up on picture 3 then?
Attachments
ED1a.jpg
ED2a.jpg
ED3.jpg
Last edited by rippyspennyarcade on Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
rippyspennyarcade

Re: Electrodart On E Bay

Post by rippyspennyarcade »

On closer inspection it's probably the brightness from the extra bulb added in the top Electrodart sign, but clearly wires are missing, as the two payout thermal blocks are missing from below the six relays. Possibly the seller would not know this though, and I always seem to remember square payout cups on these Electrodart Machines.
treefrog

Re: Electrodart on eBay

Post by treefrog »

You're right, the key parts are missing, but these cups are correct. In fact I would say there have have been more with round cups, as seen on this site and the two I have are not square.... Still seems to be fetching the money though, maybe they are after the added worm family.
brigham

Post by brigham »

That's the most complete Electrodart I've seen offered for ages.
jimmycowman

Post by jimmycowman »

£206. End price. The seller was close to me, but gave it a miss. Where do you start with electrics like that? :shock:
tammy

Post by tammy »

No one seems to have mentioned on the forum the woodworm on the Electro Dart on ebay. When you zoom in on the backboard and even the front case it looks riddled with it. Not easy to treat around the electrics unless you strip everything off. I have always found plywood needs not only all the holes doing a couple of times but the board having soakings of woodworm killer by a brush on it.

I had a couple of rough machines once that I bought from a slots auction with woodworm... ie a Caille pinwheel and a Greyhound Stadium. I injected the worm holes and stripped off all the varnish over the veneered case. Then I brushed on coats of wood worm killer. However I was really shocked when next day I knocked the case badly and part of the wood fell off to reveal live larvae woodworm... As the two cases were only plywood verneered I decided I had to cut my loses and pay a cabinet maker to make new cases.
special when lit

Post by special when lit »

I bought the Electrodart, picked it up Tuesday, & started work on it today.
It was very wormy, but apart from the base, the actual case isn't too bad.
The rear panel & the board that the door electrics mount on were toast, I didn't need to unscrew anything off the back board, the screws just pulled out!
Made up a new back board & re-mounted the mechs today. Started to make the front board & sealed the glass.
Attachments
The worm had even eaten the supplier's sticker!
The worm had even eaten the supplier's sticker!
DSCF0622a.jpg
DSCF0636a.jpg
DSCF0637a.jpg
DSCF0638a.jpg
DSCF0629a.jpg
DSCF0631a.jpg
jimmycowman

Post by jimmycowman »

:-( That's a good copy. Hope it goes well. !!RAYOF!!
bill gates

Post by bill gates »

Just reading this post. Did the seller mention how bad the word worm was on the listing? Good luck with your resto. !THUMBS!
special when lit

He did say that it had worm damage, but he didn't think it was recent. I've not found any live worm yet, so think they all died off years ago.
special when lit

Finally finished the woodwormy Electrodart. Electrics were a bit tricky, but after a bit of work, they now all work OK. Had to replace the capacitor on the play relay, & also fitted a bridge rectifier in place of the old selenium one, fitted 2 LED bulbs for the main lighting, as they run a lot cooler & will be less likely to damage the screen printed glass.
I also fitted 2 bulbs behind the lower darts. There were cut-outs in the mech board, but there had never been any bulbs fitted, probably a cost saving move by Jamiesons.
Still has a slight fault with the payout slide not fully returning, & jamming up with coins, but I've ordered some graphite powder, & hopefully that'll sort it.
Also need a payout cup, if anyone's got one.
Attachments
DSCF0669a.jpg
brigham

Post by brigham »

Splendid job. I haven't found one of these yet, or the other two in the range.
That's a very early Autofruit. Mine's much more 'refined'.
I'd love to get a complete catalogue of Jamieson's machines; especially the 1950s and '60s types.
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

special when lit wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:38 pmAlso need a payout cup, if anyone's got one.
What's the outside diameter of the cup lip (widest measurement inside the cup surround)? I have some unplated brass cups.
special when lit

Hi, it's 63mm, thanks.
jimmycowman

Post by jimmycowman »

Good job !!THUMBSX2!!
special when lit

Thanks.
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

special when lit wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:45 pm Hi, it's 63mm, thanks.
PM me your address and I'll post it to you.
special when lit

Thanks to Mr Pennymachines, I now have the finishing touch fitted to the Electrodart.
Attachments
DSCF0705a.jpg
DSCF0704a.jpg
cwickus

Post by cwickus »

I just stumbled upon this thread. I have an Electrodart machine with all original parts except for the main button. My dad gave it to me many years ago. I am trying to find out the value of the game. Does anyone have an estimate? I am in the US and have never seen another one.

Thanks for any help.
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Can’t tell you in US, but I know a Jamieson’s machine had been on eBay out there for a long time with a high price tag. Key is if it is working, then it will be worth more, as these are tricky to address faults…