Selling my One arm Bandits.

Discuss our on-site auctions and other slot machine auctions.
pominoz

Selling my One arm Bandits.

Post by pominoz »

Hi All, Could anyone offer me some advice please? I would like to sell my 3 One arm bandits, and have watched the Elephant House auctions website for a couple of years, but I notice on here they don't always attract favourable reviews or comments. So my question is, is it advisable to take them to Elephant house to be sold at Auction, or would it be better to put them up for sale on Ebay, and possibly offer a delivery option to the buyer if the buyer was within 50 or so miles of my own address(Lincoln area)? Also, could anyone tell me the "selling fees" at Elephant house as I do not seem to be able to find the figure in the "Q&A" page.
Many thanks in advance to any replies.
treefrog

Re: Selling my One arm Bnadits.

Post by treefrog »

Nothing wrong with the Elephant House at all, there will be a few that disagree, but that is up to them. Been to nearly all of Steve’s auctions and offers a sterling service, even collects machines at a small fee. Charges 5% commission for sellers.

Your problem is it has not operated since November due to health concerns, which I hope is going well, so do not know if and when this will restart.

There is the Coventry auction in November, annual event run by collectors

eBay is a pain in the butt as you get machines removed without licence at £25 a pop and limited to two licenses per year.

You could advertise on here or the many Facebook groups people seem to have turned to...

I am sure everything is intrigued what you have for sale :cool:

Edited as looked at your previous posts and see two of them are Hi Tops, was also confused as assumed you were in Oz, but guess not.....
pominoz

Post by pominoz »

Hi, yes, I was in Oz,,, but have now returned back to Live in England,,, and very happy to be back home,, 10 years in Oz was more than enough to convince me I will never get used to the place, or enjoy living there,, as for my One arm bandits,,, I was led to believe I had 1 Mills high top, 1 Mills Jewel Bell, and a Buckley,,, but I am certainly no expert. :) I did actually email Elephant house last week about possibly sending them there for Auction, but have had no reply up to now. Many thanks for your reply anyway, cheers :)
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

why not put them up for sale on here and at my site www.penny-arcade.info both have a good record for selling...a Buckley! im interested already !!RAYOF!!
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

I used to live in Lincoln and still have several machines there. I intend to visit in the foreseeable future, I also co-run the Coventry Auction and would be happy to take a Butcher's and advise you.

BP :cool:
pominoz

Post by pominoz »

Hi, I am not great with computers,,, but, I believe I have attached the pictures of all three of them today, on my profile album here in the forum community??? I hope this helps. Many thanks.