Machines for sale, parts wanted. etc.

Discuss our on-site auctions and other slot machine auctions.
deano67

Re: MILLS HI TOP PARTS NEEDED

Post by deano67 »

Hi, sorry yes, I mean the actual back door itself.
glittering-prize67

Re: machines for sale

Post by glittering-prize67 »

That's the way threads go, someone makes a post then it goes way off topic with others blarting about other things not related. Quite common really.
brigham

Post by brigham »

Most of the machines I've bought since discovering this Forum have come from categories other than the Market.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Mr P is always interested in feedback about the site. Be it Good/Bad/Indifferent.

Just a reminder of where we've come from, from my myopic stand point....... !LOOK!

It was always part of Mr P's plan for the greater good of putting Pennymachine Towers and all of its subsidiary activities into a one stop web site for the aficionados of rattle & clunk. Everybody hoped it would be so much more than just a forum. Of course he has successfully achieved that in many areas. I shan't point out the bleedin' obvious by quoting the menu of this site. :o
It's my opinion that sadly the activities that would have returned a modest yet desirable income were the Market Place and The Auction (now defunct) the fees were very modest and there was even a healthy offer of so many free entries for everyone. The costs of keeping this site cranking over (without adverts)are not to be understated. The Hamster food alone is not chick feed ...... it's ..... errr ...hamster feed.

A few stalwarts were placing machines for sale, and even duplicating their eBay adverts. However the general consensus opinion was that this was a minority site and better coverage was achieved through eBay. I never understood that line of thinking as most most vendors knew how much they'd take for a done deal and could have advertised here at the required price while letting eBay run its torturous route, if only to be pulled at the last minute because some enthusiast on here was aware in advance of what would get it and decided to dig that deep. !PUZZLED! I guess there is the attraction that selling to a newbie is easier and more profitable than an informed collector. How many horrors are hidden by carefully taken photo or the statement that "I don't know much about these :lol: so look at the photos as they form part of the description" Yeah Right!!

However the selling side was a painful and slow child to rear. Meanwhile over on http://www.penny-arcade.info/ the year it's been operating has seen a similar experience even if from a different angle. The Market Place there was advertised from day one as being free. It's been quite well patronised, the vendors, when successful have tended to donate a sum without being asked. I say tended to because in the majority they have been johnny foreigners and, well ..... they just did it! !THUMBS!
They've not all been from strange climes (and hearty thanks to all generous vendors from where ever! !SMARTY! ) Yet the opinion of Great Britainland is a bit biased towards everything on t'internet should be free. :NBG: Strange, because eBay ain't. !!SUICIDAL!!

Back to this site and its history with The Market.
I don't think we've done ourselves any favours by reinventing it over the years with a tweak here and a fine tune there :smash: It's all become a bit confusing, but the last thing I remember Mr P saying before he washed his Mogadon down with hot cocoa and Meths was along the line of .......

I'll get round to it after I've finished doing whatever it is I should be doing at the moment !!RELAX!! in the mean time carry on as you are.
The fact that Keith's big advert wasn't challenged or moderatededed denotes assent on my square!

Anyhoo, like I said, it's how I remember things, Mr P may come along now and decide I've got it all wrong and finally put me out stud, but in the meantime, because you're asking and deserve an answer, just continue as you are. Use Keith's thread, at least the subject matter will be correct.

BP
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

Mr P may come along now and decide I've got it all wrong and finally put me out stud,
yeah right...knackers yard more like :lol:
pennymachines
Site Admin

Re: Machines for sale

Post by pennymachines »

No wonder the natives are getting restless - I announced the plan on this topic just over a year ago!

Suffice to say, I'm currently debugging and testing the new Market software, so should have something up and running in a week or two. |/XX\|
widget2k4

Post by widget2k4 »

%|%
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

I'll never get put out to stud will I? :#:
deano67

PACE COMET VENDOR FOR SALE/PX

Post by deano67 »

HI ALL,

CONSIDERING SELLING MY PACE COMET,THOUGHT I WOULD PUT IT ON HERE BEFORE ANYWHERE ELSE.

NOT SURE OF VALUE BUT GUESSING AROUND £950 ?

CUSTOM BUILT CABINET,LOADS OF 25 OCRE COINS,DAGGER TYPE HANDLE,NEW DUMMY MINT ROLLS/LABELS ETC.

WOULD CONSIDER AN ALLWIN AS PX MAYBE.

OFFERS AND ADVICE PLEASE.

PICS ATTACHED.
Attachments
ebay march 12 2396.jpg
ebay march 12 2410.jpg
ebay march 12 2409.jpg
ebay march 12 2408.jpg
ebay march 12 2407.jpg
ebay march 12 2406.jpg
ebay march 12 2405.jpg
ebay march 12 2404.jpg
ebay march 12 2402.jpg
ebay march 12 2401.jpg
ebay march 12 2399.jpg
ebay march 12 2398.jpg
ebay march 12 2397.jpg
ebay march 12 2396.jpg
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Re: PACE COMET VENDOR FOR SALE/PX

Post by badpenny »

Hi Deano …..

Am I right in thinking you live in The Bristol area? Also you have 4 fingers and a thumb on your left hand and a dodgem parked in your front room?

I only mention the first bit because it might help your request if interested members in Australia don't worry you may be in Canada. The second bit is merely because I am observant about such things :lol:

BP
deano67

Post by deano67 »

HI,

YES DEFINITELY FROM BATH/BRISTOL AREA UK AND ALL FINGERS AND THUMB PRESENT !!.

PROBABLY BEST TO SELL THIS TO SOMEONE IN THE UK UNLESS OVERSEAS BUYERS CAN ARRANGE THEIR OWN TRANSPORT ETC.

THANKS.
sutton

Slots for sale

Post by sutton »

hi I am trying to upload an image of a slot machine for sale and put in the for sale section but having problems at loading the picture and also how do I put it in the for sale section by the way I am working from an iPad thanks for any help
pennymachines
Site Admin

Re: Slots for sale

Post by pennymachines »

Hi, I haven't tested it on an iPad/phones etc. yet, and suspect there will be teething problems, but here's a walk through of the process:

brigham

Post by brigham »

Is it still in Brentwood?
sutton

Post by sutton »

This hightop is for sale in Brentwood.
sutton

Post by sutton »

Thanks for your help Dave ..
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

I've placed your advert in Market/Machine/Sales
While you're logged in you can edit in the description, a price (if you have one) and more images if required by clicking the 'Edit' button beneath your advert.

Please note, all For Sale and Wanted adverts must now be placed in those categories.
jingle

Re: Machines for sale, parts wanted. etc.

Post by jingle »

There is a charge now for selling machines
It's only £4
I advertised a single pusher today
If it sells
It's we'll worth it
Cheers
And good luck to me :lol:
daveslot

Post by daveslot »

have clicked on for sale/wanted, not showing anything? :(
youngerap

Post by youngerap »

I received an error when I tried to link from the menu, but was successful from PM's most recent post 'Sales' link.