Machines for sale, parts wanted. etc.

Discuss our on-site auctions and other slot machine auctions.
buzzy123

Re: Mills for sale

Post by buzzy123 »

Had a request to post some more pics. Some of the fruit have been replaced and the corresponding holes in the payout discs blanked. I assume this was normal practice to alter the payout odds ..
Attachments
20180506_141215a.jpg
20180506_142015a.jpg
20180506_141954a.jpg
20180506_141729a.jpg
20180506_141722a.jpg
20180506_141455a.jpg
20180506_141439a.jpg
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

buzzy123 .....

Hi and welcome to our madness.
We don't usually like giving values as they can be quite contentious, and dependant on so many things (even time of year). However you are offering it for sale, so I'll do my best to advise you.

The reason someone will have asked you for more photos is to check if your machine has the all important escalator (which shows the played coins marching across behind the little letterbox window, also to learn if it has the much desired automatic jackpot behind the bottom squarish window (this showed off the enticing hoard of coins you could win for the jack pot.
Sadly your machine has neither. They could be sourced and replaced, but the new owner probably wouldn't see much change out of £100 ( if even anything) and would still have the faff of fitting them along with the levers and pushers they require. Plus the old penny is an awkward size which is probably why it doesn't have them.
I can't see what condition the chrome is like on the handle (unusual grip there usually a ball) Also if the machine has its back bonnet and door & lock or not.

There a few other things about it I find a little odd, but I don't want to sound as if I'm slating it. It is what it is after all.
If it had its escalator, Jack Pot, Back Bonnet, Back door and lock, good handle chrome and works fine then it could be worth around £350/£400.

Seeing as it has no escalator nor JP bank, but assuming the handle is good, it has the back door and bonnet and works fine then perhaps £200/£225.
If it hasn't then somebody might be interested in it for spares at about £100.
However the prices I'm quoting are only my opinion and I think they are healthy retail prices. The Mills Hi-top was the most common machine manufactured in the 20th Century and most of us could easily acquire one for those prices if we wanted one. In order to be a tempting bargain, I'd expect to pay less even.

Sorry if that disappoints you.
Bandits do have desirability to the general public as an oddity especially in man caves etc. However unless you have your own stall at a collectors' fair or something then you'd be selling to a dealer and prices would reflect.

Good luck
BP :cool:
buzzy123

Post by buzzy123 »

I'm so grateful for your feedback. Most online communities just seem to dish up abuse - you have been incredibly helpful. Thanks for your time in considering my post so carefully. This was never about the cash, rather trying to declutter. It has made me realise that the machine has been with me longer than anyone in my family and I've lugged it round the Country more times than I can remember. Maybe it has earned a place in my house !! In fact stumbling across this forum has reignited that same feeling that made me buy it in the first place (with my pocket money) all those years ago !!
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

Is that a non Mills top casting or a late Bell-o-Matic one I've not seen before?
buzzy123

Post by buzzy123 »

The top casting is the one with the MLB 7620 number. A quick google shows identical ones in the US, but I can't comment otherwise..
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

The top casting was one of the things I was referring to when I said "There a few other things about it I find a little odd", but like I said, it is what it is.

BP
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

It's definitely not identical to the usual US ones (although it could be a trick of the photo). I can find an identical one, in the USA but described as "foreign Mills hi-top " and also running on UK coinage. No reason why it could not be a Bell-o-Matic top casting I guess, or possibly a UK clone casting.
Attachments
Foreign Mills Bell-o-Matic hi top
Foreign Mills Bell-o-Matic hi top
Standard Bell-o-Matic
Standard Bell-o-Matic
Yours
Yours
odd hi top 5.jpg (41.5 KiB) Viewed 3341 times
buzzy123

Post by buzzy123 »

Mills slot machine

It seems very similar to this one discussed on here in 2010 - Hence why I posted here in the first place...

Looks like there were a batch of similar UK 6d machines but mine has been adjusted to 1d ..

(Came from near Shrewsbury in Shropshire..)
brigham

Post by brigham »

It's certainly odd for a High Top to have a right-hand coin entry.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

buzzy123 wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 8:23 am I'm so grateful for your feedback. Most online communities just seem to dish up abuse - you have been incredibly helpful. Thanks for your time in considering my post so carefully. This was never about the cash, rather trying to declutter. It has made me realise that the machine has been with me longer than anyone in my family and I've lugged it round the Country more times than I can remember. Maybe it has earned a place in my house !! In fact stumbling across this forum has reignited that same feeling that made me buy it in the first place (with my pocket money) all those years ago !!
We're happy to help.
Likewise if you've now rekindled your interest in slots, all the better!
There are a few on here (me in particular) who have lugged more than one machine around the country and have often considered taking up stamp collecting instead.
Happy days

BP :cool:
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

This is almost certainly a U.K. revamp of older parts by a U.K. company. Castings look original and are the later Bell-O-Matic type, but the mechanism is an earlier type, probably from a early 50’s/40’s Machine. Would not worry about things like jackpot and escalator as you could fit one anyway. The old penny would not fit the coin hole and would need widening, probably why they liked using these variations of later hi tops because they could use the large coin denominator hole to drop straight to the mech.

Cabinet is ply and will have been made by the revamped......

Looks like you have rear hood, if you have rear door and tidied, got to be worth over £250
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

It's certainly odd for a High Top to have a right-hand coin entry
Common practice if you're removing the escalator because it's on US coins, and especially common if you were going to convert to 1d. The Bell-o-Matic was handy for this as it had a hole on that side anyway.
mr merrivale

Bryans Casting

Post by mr merrivale »

I am looking to buy an old penny 1d coin entry casting for a Bryans "All Sport" if you have one please contact me or a complete "All Sport" machine on old penny play, thanks in advance.
ollie h

Re: Payout knob required

Post by ollie h »

Thanks for the info, I have sent a PM so just waiting for a response. I assume JC still uses the forum?
arrgee

Post by arrgee »

ollie h wrote:I assume JC still uses the forum?
I'm sure he does - he still posts on here from time to time.
JC

Post by JC »

I don't have any payout knobs left, but I think I may have a few knob shields.
I'll check when I get a chance.

Jerry
deano67

Post by deano67 »

Hi,am interested in your hi top.Live in Bristol area so could collect easily.Could i have your number ? mine is 07977 210597,many thanks,Dean.
deano67

MILLS HI TOP PARTS NEEDED

Post by deano67 »

Hi all,
Does anyone have a Mills Hi Top back cover/plate for sale ?.
Many thanks.
aristomatic

Re: MILLS HI TOP PARTS NEEDED

Post by aristomatic »

Do you mean one of these pictured,

Or do you mean the backdoor itself
Attachments
original-mills-high-top-slot-machine_1_8a9d87d0e21223a299413e71a98268e2.jpg
original-mills-high-top-slot-machine_1_8a9d87d0e21223a299413e71a98268e2.jpg (20.58 KiB) Viewed 3663 times
slotibartfast

Re: machines for sale

Post by slotibartfast »

widget2k4 wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:24 pm ... like everyone seems to keep bringing up a buy and sell topic in the main forum?
Even just as a trial perhaps?
Any chance 'The Management' can set up a trial buy and sell thread please?

Really needed a Hale and Pace icon for this post. :lol: