Machines for sale, parts wanted. etc.

Discuss our on-site auctions and other slot machine auctions.
pennymachines
Site Admin

Re: Machines for sale, parts wanted. etc.

Post by pennymachines »

All links are now tested and working - I only updated the links from main menu this evening, so you might need to clear your browser cache. There shouldn't be a problem with the links on the Forum main index page.
youngerap

Post by youngerap »

Thank you Mr P. Works a treat with Firefox through Windows 10.
daveslot

Post by daveslot »

still does not work for me, something appears for a second then disappears, cleared cache on firefox windows 10
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Nor me, likewise I have cleared my cache and browsing history IE Windows 10.
On both Sales & Wanted I get a second's flash of pictures, but that's all.

Perhaps I've already bought enough machines :#:
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

OK - I'll go find a Windows 10 machine and report back... !!JUNK!!
geordy55

Post by geordy55 »

Works well on the iPad, well done. Can we not insist on prices against everything ?
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Although I am still to see these latest adverts, I have to echo the need for …….
* Prices
* Comprehensive photos from all angles including the inside
* An idea of location

It's pointless leaving any of the above out as they're all the first things potential buyers are going to ask. Often in the past we've seen adverts without prices and the defence offered being "I'm not sure what it's worth". Well if that's the case how are you going to know if any offers are decent?

I personally don't respond to anybody asking for offers, it suggests to me they're too embarrassed by their prices, and is going to lead to me driving across the country only to find they want me to pay for their grandchildren to go through university.

BP :cool:
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

There is nothing wrong with a concept of an offer. If you are opening an item up to an audience as has been discussed by many over the years price is contentious and people have chosen not to help people who ask for advise, as such where do you put a price on your precious machine. All we have to go on are auction results which as we all know vary widely. You could ask a ridiculous sum that will get laughed at and ignored or too low wondering if you could have got more. Sealed bid auctions cover this like Shpock and others, people place an offer and seller goes for the highest or preferred bid......you often see people start high starting, make an offer, but I for one always get put off when they start too high as you know where they think something is worth and cannot be bothered trying to set expectations.....it is all about choice I guess...

I bought a machine through one of the many Facebook groups recently, pretty much same concept, make an offer, I did and we negotiated somewhere in the middle, both parties happy.....

I see Steve has updated his site and suggests their new auction site will launch shortly, starting with the clear out stuff. Will be interesting to see how this online service will go.....lots of options
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

That works if the item is close and you don't mind making the journey twice. Once to check it out and again to buy it.
All I'm recommending is vendors put themselves in the buyers' position and preempt the questions they themselves would want answers to.
It makes for an easier experience all round

BP :cool:
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Agreed, I have often been too British in the past and not complained when being disappointed on seeing an item that has not been perhaps transparent by a seller....
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

geordy55 wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 9:15 pm Can we not insist on prices against everything ?
I seriously considered making the price a required field because I feel much the same as BP on this topic, but appreciate not everyone feels the same, so I left it optional. I feel the same to some extent about Wanted adverts. Stating how much you're willing to pay allows others to assess whether it's worth their while contacting you.

I've just investigated the issue reported by BP and Daveslot and discovered it applies to Firefox and Internet Explorer (but not Edge) on Windows 10. I'm now trying to determine the cause...
deano67

Post by deano67 »

Hi,
Anyone interested in my PACE COMET ? Also still after a back door for Mills Hi Top.
Cheers.
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

Have you tried logging into the Market and posting your sales/wants there?
brigham

Post by brigham »

The PACE Comet IS on my list of machines to look out for. I have a Mills with the same double jackpot front.
brianh

Post by brianh »

RE: Have you tried logging into the Market and posting your sales/wants here

I'm looking for a spare part for my win-a-chew Allwin so tried posting it on "sales/wanted". Seemed to go through OK and I had acknowledgement of payment etc. but I can't see it on the site anywhere. Am I maybe using it wrong? Item I'm trying to source is as attached, where you will see that the 2 "lose" tubes have been mutilated so looking for a complete unit as I don't have enough skill to make new bits to weld or solder on.
Attachments
win-a-chew.jpg
brianh

Post by brianh »

Just realised the "wanted" items come up using Internet Exporer whereas I have been using Firefox where nothing is listed. Is that a problem my end or a Firefox problem generally? !PUZZLED!
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

The issues with adverts not displaying on Windows 10 Firefox and IE browsers are now resolved I believe.
Any other problems - please let me know.
brianh

Post by brianh »

Must be my end then as whilst IE works fine Firefox only comes up with the attached page with drop down boxes working but no items.
Attachments
firefox4.pdf
(193.43 KiB) Downloaded 217 times
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

Thanks for the feedback and screengrab.
Dare I say it, but did you try clearing your cache? !UNSURE!
brianh

Post by brianh »

You dare indeed say it - my first dabbling with computers was with a Spectrum 48K in the 1980s and despite using them ever since, at home and at work, I still don't really understand them :!?!:

Have cleared cache but has no effect. When I try to open the sales/wanted section a picture of one of the for sale items pops up for a fraction of a second then the attached page appears. Not too worried as I can switch to IE if I want to but mentioned it in case it is a general problem with people on firefox.
Attachments
sales wanted.pdf
(185.57 KiB) Downloaded 204 times