Are prices falling?

Discuss our on-site auctions and other slot machine auctions.
margamatix

Are prices falling?

Post by margamatix »

I have noticed recently that machines don't seem to be making the prices they were a year or so ago. On eBay recently a Bryan's Clock attracted a highest bid of only £320 (which didn't reach reserve) and the machine was described as being in full working order and looked very clean and unmolested.

I've noticed the same with other machines of late and I wonder if it's a seasonal trend or if the bubble has burst (if there is such a thing)

Any thoughts?
operator bell

Post by operator bell »

On USA Ebay I've noticed a downward trend for many months now. Top price for common machines like HiTops is down about 20% from last year. I just checked, and 7 out of 10 machines finishing in the next 4 hours don't have a single bid. Poinsettia, Dutch Boy, Sun Chief, War Eagle, some kind of Pace hybrid, Mills Diamond Front and Bally Classic. Mostly the sellers are hopelessly optimistic and set the opening bid way too high.
arrgee

Post by arrgee »

I would view this not as a downward trend but more of a levelling off to a more realistic level. I think that the prices during the past couple of years have been over inflated and that what we see now is a more realistic market. That may not please people who bought machines when prices were high though, but if prices are more affordable then perhaps more people will be prepared to collect machines.

There was a Saxony shocker last week on ebay, looked quite a nice machine but hopelessly overpriced with starting bid of £575 and a 'buy it now' of £750 !! needless to say it did not sell.

I saw the Bryans clock, it looked quite a nice machine but was on 1 new p and I wonder whether collectors are now becoming more discerning. I certainly prefer machines on the old 1D. There is currently a Bryans Fruitbowl on ebay with a reserve of £330, it will be interesting to see what this sells for.
margamatix

Post by margamatix »

Yes, it was at a bid of £330 when I saw it a few days ago.
arrgee

Post by arrgee »

My eyes are not what they used to be..............
Come to thunk of it, n either is my typingg.
arrgee

Post by arrgee »

Gone it is !

It was there last night complete with the description that included the line which invariably puts me off any bid........ "I reserve the right to withdraw the lot as it is advertised elsewhere"

It was a very bad photo and only one at that, so maybe it will re-appear with lots of really good quality photos showing how immaculate the machine is?

Hum..............
livinginthepast

Post by livinginthepast »

Not all prices are falling
Last week on ebay (where else?) a Saxony type allwin sold for £701 !
Condition was OK but had non original instruction cards.
Is this a record?