Discuss our on-site auctions and other slot machine auctions.
dutchboy

Las Vegas bandit

Postby dutchboy » Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:16 pm

Oeps I did it again, have four machines to do and not so much time. I liked the looks of this type of machines. It have a roll down escalator from morris Shefras which works. But the mechanism don't get fired, maybe old grease like a recent topic. Sadly the window surround of the escalator is broken, missing lock of the back door and the key of the cashbox. But happy with it.
33527761-D98C-4C8F-86AD-648DC6EE31C9.jpeg

badpenny
Forum Moderator

Re: Las vegas machine

Postby badpenny » Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:26 pm

Of course you really don't want me to comment that all the bits you need for that machine were in Derby last Sunday.
So I shan't mention it! ;-)

Are you asking for help to get it firing, or are you just telling us? :!?!:

BP !!COOEE!! :tarah: :byee:

dutchboy

Postby dutchboy » Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:50 am

Just telling bp. I’m so happy you don’t bring that up at this moment, it would have hurt me so much :-( . It was just out of my car so did gave the outside a small first clean, have to take the poo of a mouse out of it. I didn.t have a good look at mech yet but think it will be the bar that be pushed in by the back door, allow the mech to play. Is it just me or are those machines get more heavy each day?

badpenny
Forum Moderator

Postby badpenny » Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:14 am

It's the poo of the mouse that makes them heavy. Most of us by now wish we'd taken up stamp collecting.

widget2k4

Postby widget2k4 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:33 am

thats a shame i just sold one of them escalator surrounds yesterday on ebay , you also got to be careful buying parts for that as original sega parts dont fit the clones, i know the coin entry and escalator surrounds deffo dont fit without modifications.

brigham

Postby brigham » Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:42 am

Do we know if this is a SEGA? The chrome beading is SEGA-like, but there is no SEGA script.
We really need a guide to identification of these popular bandits. That escalator surround might be a clue.

dutchboy

Postby dutchboy » Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:08 am

Widget, you will see that things happen, a shame. Mechanism runs now. The (rod? Don’t now the english term) not working smoothly so is sometimes to slowly backwards. As usual a lot of grease and god may know what else on the mech. The payout fingers were also to slow backwards but after a few pulls working now. I tryed to pick the yales lock of the cashbox but without succes yet. Allready love the machine :D. Brigham it’s not a sega but indeed like widget says a clone. I believe there was a topic on the forum about that subject? But i could not find it.

badpenny
Forum Moderator

Postby badpenny » Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:32 am

I can't find anything entitled Sega Clones, but these do mention the subject ……..
Clone Clicky

By rod I think you mean handle? !!IDEA!!
Slow moving parts that speed up after playing a bit would indicate dry grease to me. Or you're weak.

BP :cool:

dutchboy

Postby dutchboy » Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:58 am

Bo I think it will be a little bit of both... I’m getting old I forget to add the picture of the ROD? If you can tell me how it’s called I buy you a beer when we meet. :cool:
AA36DEC6-E110-407E-AA14-F6F634EE7989.jpeg

badpenny
Forum Moderator

Re: Las Vegas bandit

Postby badpenny » Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:51 pm

Your photo is of the dog and anvil.
I am BP, not BO although many others may agree with you.
I imagine your language doesn't shorten Body Odour to its initials only?

BP !BOGROLL!