Coventry Auction 25/11/18

Discuss our on-site auctions and other slot machine auctions.
ollie h

Re: Coventry Auction 25/11/18

Post by ollie h »

I would like to add to the positive feedback regarding the Coventry auction. It was my second after last year's. I thoroughly enjoyed it and was nice to speak to many like minded people about the hobby we all love, It’s not often I bump into people with similar interests in slots so it was good to have a chin wag. I would like to say a big thanks to the team for their organisation, Jerry and Jeremy I believe are the chaps behind the event so thanks to them especially. Kevin did a great job as auctioneer and I enjoyed his sense of humour. Amongst some smaller items I came away with two machines (the cheaper Bryans Elevenses and the Brenner Ball past the Arrow). Really happy with both machines and don’t think I overpaid luckily! Wasn’t really sure how much the Brenner was worth but having looked at the complex mechanism and general condition I feel like I got a good deal. Living in Dorset it is a fair trek for me (about 3 hours) but I definitely think I will have to make it a yearly pilgrimage. !THUMBS!
Roll on next year's auction. !!THUMBSX2!!
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

I think the proof that we achieved our often stated objective of supporting the hobby instead of just running a business has been realised this year.
How? Check eBay.

BP
tdmnick

Post by tdmnick »

badpenny wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:15 pm I think the proof that we achieved our often stated objective of supporting the hobby instead of just running a business has been realised this year.
How? Check eBay.
BP
I'd agree with that. Seemed to me that the machines sold went to a wide cross-section of people there, many of whom will keep them for personal entertainment and their collection, and (possibly because of the generally higher prices) the dealers certainly didn't have a monopoly on things.
sweetmeats

Post by sweetmeats »

Jimmycowman's request for rippler original paperwork. I put in all the items in the auction and had just one duplicate lot, THE RIPPLER all four pieces! It you would like to message me through the site with phone number I am sure I can help.
aristomatic

Post by aristomatic »

Results now posted

If the Sega bonus star is still unsold, please contact me via pm

Thx
JC

Post by JC »

Results are now online here:

http://www.vintageamusementsauctions.co ... 4594479591

I've also emailed them to Mr PM, so they should also be available in the ARENA soon.

Jerry
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

Thank you Jerry...
And now also in the Arena with my pics.
clubconsoles

Post by clubconsoles »

I cannot believe someone paid £38 + Commission for $10 worth of nickels!!
watlingman

Post by watlingman »

You better believe it - I was there, dropped out at £15 !!!
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

The exchange rate quoted is affected by Brexit.
Everything that has confused this country since the late 1960s is down to either Decimalisation or Brexit.
For a brief period in the 1970s The Bay City Rollers also had a detrimental knock on against the value of the Italian Lira, interestingly they improved the value of the Solomon Islands Banjo Gumban Bean.

When I looked at the nickels I was astonished at the number of them which were solid silver, probly'

BP '!'
tdmnick

Post by tdmnick »

badpenny wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:53 pm When I looked at the nickels I was astonished at the number of them which were solid silver, probly'
That makes no cents... :lol:
watlingman

Post by watlingman »

Hi everyone,
reference to the Coventry auction last week, is the person on here who sold lot 128 a Mills QT chevron machine? Just a longshot, as it came with no keys which I knew, but was wondering if they have turned up anywhere as I would like to have kept the genuine Mills lock. Just grasping at straws but if you don't ask! Just send me a personal message if you can help, thanks.
jra

Post by jra »

Try not to drill the lock, a new one will cost you £200 plus (if you can find one).
JRA.
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

I'm assuming its not the usual Mills lock with the snake key? They are only about £65.
watlingman

Post by watlingman »

They have a snake key but are totally different to the usual Mills locks. I will see if this picture uploads! The lock's open so it's no big issue to get it rekeyed, it's just that I'm fussy and want a Mills key not a shiny steel one!
Attachments
4E3FF0C6-8A30-4AE3-8AD4-3111D5AD87E6.jpeg
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

If hes still going(i think he is but was never easy to access) mr slot in the usa was cutting mills keys on original blanks a few years ago(i sent the lock to him) but couldnt say if hes still able to do that,

I wasnt at coventry but the front mills lock sold there looked a lot like the type your after,went i think for £60
brigham

Post by brigham »

The CAM Automatics 'flasher' lot 107 (The Tankard) was a snip!
If the buyer wants to turn a quick profit...