Coventry Spring Auction (24/03/19)

Discuss our on-site auctions and other slot machine auctions.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Coventry Spring Auction (24/03/19)

Post by badpenny »

Just to whet your appetites ………. !!YIPPEE!!

We shall very shortly be announcing our Spring Auction. **xXx**
We shall be offering a large number of machines fresh to market from two enthusiastic collectors who are releasing the bulk of their collections.
During November's auction I thought I might have to give JC artificial respiration when somebody said ……
"Well at least you didn't clash with EH this year" !!SPLAT!!

So in case anybody still else hasn't realised that any same date shenanigans occur after we've announced our date, I'm highlighting NOW that EH are not doing anything on the date we've chosen. If they suddenly claim they are, there shouldn't be any confusion as to what's going on.

Keep your eyes peeled ……….. :didact:

BP
JC

Re: Coventry Spring Auction

Post by JC »

OK, we'll keep you in suspenders no more

Sunday 24th March 2019

http://www.vintageamusementsauctions.co ... 4590598868
arrgee

Post by arrgee »

Fantastic, that's great JC & BP, looking forward to it. **xXx** !!THUMBSX2!!
special when lit

Post by special when lit »

Brilliant, you chose a weekend when I'm off work. :D
scorpa163

Post by scorpa163 »

Looking forward to the 24th March.
I will be entering a couple of machines and some books.
It's a shame that the thread has got lost down the list on this forum.
Perhaps Mr PM could promote it to the top so many more people see it and we have a good attendance.
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

great news, Ill put in a couple of machines,a mech and some slot related "odds and sods", actually that last bit sound a bit like JC and BP :!?!:
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

scorpa163 wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:23 pm Perhaps Mr PM could promote it to the top so many more people see it and we have a good attendance.
I've made it 'sticky' so it stays at the top of the Auction Community category. !THUMBS!
cait001

Post by cait001 »

exciting
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

Jerry,
are forms out yet to submit machines for the spring auction?
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

No, not yet, however if you want to pre-empt the last minute mad rush then you can do so now Via The Website

BP :didact:
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

Very pleased and relieved to see the EH March auction will NOT clash with the Coventry auction. With their Feb auction being on the 24th Feb I was beginning to suspect their March auction would be a month later on the 24th March, but it's been announced as the 31st. !!YIPPEE!!
JC

Post by JC »

coppinpr wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:56 pm Very please and relieved to see the EH March auction will NOT clash with the Coventry auction, With their Feb auction being on the 24th Feb I was beginning to suspect their March auction would be a month later on the 24th March but its been announced as the 31st !!YIPPEE!!
In fairness, EH announced the 31st ages ago, which is why we chose another date - it would be very silly to run an auction on the same day as a similar event that happens to be just down the road. No one would do that, would they?

Anyway, things are shaping-up very nicely. I've now loaded a few pictures of some of the machines already committed onto the site. In addition to the machines, another of our regular vendors (who seems to have an endless supply of books and magazines etc) has given me a preliminary list of stuff he will be entering, plus my coin dealer friend has already put aside lots of lovely coins. So we have very nearly 60 lots already - and that's before we've even officially started accepting entries!
Talking of which, an entry form will be available to download in a week or so. In the meantime, take a look at some of what will be on offer:

http://www.vintageamusementsauctions.co ... 4590640675

Jerry :cool:
JC

Post by JC »

We're off!

I have now loaded the first two pages of early entries onto the Auction website - and there's already some really great stuff, with plenty to follow. If you have anything to enter, an entry form will be available to download sometime next week.
If you haven't already done so, make sure the date is circled in thick marker pen in your diaries - this will be another of our auctions that you won't want to miss!

Jerry

JC

Post by JC »

An entry form is now available to download, so it's now time to start getting those entries in.

Ever seen one of these before? Well, make sure you're in Coventry on the 24th of March......

It could be yours!

Attachments
Cov. S19 052.jpg
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Very pretty, I have seen one of these Indians in the U.K along side about 5 other figures. If this is Dick DeLong, which it maye well be with the hexanganal base, he died last year at 79. From what I can tell his last carvings were done in 2015 and his website has been down for some time. I seem to be in the habit of posting the passing of people these days, maybe just a sign of us all getting old. :#:
JC

Post by JC »

If this is Dick DeLong, which it maye well be with the hexanganal base.....
It is definitely a DeLong, although at the risk of appearing numerically superior, it has an octagonal base ;-)
I am aware that Dick DeLong died last year. I was under the impression that his carving company was still in business, being run by his sons. But I could be wrong there. DeLong had been carving a wide variety of things (not just slot machine figures) for 40 years.
If, as you say, there is another of these chiefs in the UK, then I'll alter the 'unique' claim on the webside later today. Unique or otherwise, it's still bloody impressive!
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Yes the one I saw was along side a row of others, mainly cowboys......not sure if DeLong or other makes as quite a few other people have made figures in the past..I am sure I remember a DeLong cowboy being at a Coventry sale about 10 years ago.....

No idea if the son will carry on, but their Facebook page has been quiet since his passing. You will see many other figures on there including a variety of Indians....

https://m.facebook.com/ranzoni1/

The figure I want is the scantily clad waitress with the pace machine ;-)
JC

Post by JC »

I am sure I remember a DeLong cowboy being at a Coventry sale about 10 years ago
Yes, that's right - it had come from the same place. Mick Harris had had in his possession I think eight DeLong figures, which I believe were the Indian and seven cowboys.
I too would like a scantily clad waitress, with or without the Pace.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

If I had a scantily dressed waitress I'd need a Pacemaker …… and a manual with detailed pictures.
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

as long as the forum has photos to work from we can assist you BP !OMFG!