Discuss our on-site auctions and other slot machine auctions.
widget2k4

Bit of good news for once from ebay

Postby widget2k4 » Mon May 06, 2019 7:31 am

After getting yet another warning from ebay about giving out my number through messages they then follow on to tell me that I can now include my phone number on sales to allow buyers to contact me through phone. How bizarre lol but good news. :)
You add this feature in your account information to allow buyers to get your phone number.

clubconsoles

Re: bit of good news for once from ebay

Postby clubconsoles » Mon May 06, 2019 7:19 pm

Well done Keith!! **xXx**
I never knew this, just been and changed my settings.
I wonder if the relentless loss of customers to facebook/ amazon has got anything to do with it??
Capture ebay.JPG

treefrog

Postby treefrog » Mon May 06, 2019 8:47 pm

Useful. I guess and an option always forced for business sellers, but I have to admit if I ever sell, not something I would want to use. Also surely eBay should just allow sharing in messages, as I would only want to give out my number on a serious query wanting to view an item. !PUZZLED!

widget2k4

Postby widget2k4 » Mon May 06, 2019 9:02 pm

Tom it’s better than getting a 7 day suspension every time I try and send my number to people. :)

coppinpr

Postby coppinpr » Tue May 07, 2019 10:48 am

I can't see this working for Ebay. They just opened the door to off ebay sales. For them, it would have been better to lower the high commission rates they charge.
I run two business that use ebay heavily; one is about 90% ebay, 10% online shop. Ebay charges 10% on a sale. The shop works out at about 3% inc. yearly fees. What's to stop me re-directing all my ebay customers to the shop which also takes paypal and CC, plus I can offer the customers a discount through the shop, saving us both money! The only loser is ebay!

cait001

Re: Bit of good news for once from ebay

Postby cait001 » Wed May 08, 2019 5:20 pm

I once bought a machine on ebay and the seller sent me a photo of a coffee mug with their number written on it :HaHa: