Auction at Tennants

Discuss our on-site auctions and other slot machine auctions.
sweetmeats

Auction at Tennants

Post by sweetmeats »

A friend just called to say that an auction on 22 January includes a number of slots as well as some mechanical music. Sale is currently on saleroom, maybe some things of interest to members.
treefrog

Re: auction at Tennants

Post by treefrog »

:HaHa: :HaHa: :HaHa: At least it was not me that posted about a future auction....

Mind you I didn’t get excited about this one, maybe others will.

While on the topic of auctions, a colleague in the US mentioned to me another sale end of last week In the U.K. with a lot of machine including many trade stimulators, which I could not find anything about, anyone know about this !PUZZLED!
moonriver

Post by moonriver »

Although my end of the Country it still takes forever to drive to Tennants, stuck in the middle of nowhere, the final leg along narrow winding country lanes.
I used them to sell some oil paintings, framed maps, and tin toys and I wouldn't use them again, too expensive on commission and poor quality valuation service. The only saving grace is that you can drop auction lots with them at Harrogate which is far more accessible than Leyburn.
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

treefrog wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:00 pm ...a colleague in the US mentioned to me another sale end of last week In the U.K. with a lot of machine including many trade stimulators, which I could not find anything about, anyone know about this !PUZZLED!
Perhaps he was thinking of Saturday's Milestone auction in the US, listed here on the Pennymachines Calendar. Not so much trade stims, but some very nice machines.

Although I track machines appearing in UK auction houses for my own interest, and for the Arena, I usually only post about them if asked to by vendors, or if they are major sales.

If you wish to let others know about forthcoming sales of interest, you can list them in the Calendar by clicking the Add an event link. As the Calendar doesn't show who posted events, nobody can moan at you for giving the game away! :D