Discuss our on-site auctions and other slot machine auctions.
cadillac55uk

Re: Coventry 30/11/08 Auction

Postby cadillac55uk » Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:01 pm

Well another one over and done with! and what a great auction it was. To say there is a 'credit crunch' it was a well attended auction and from what I saw and heard machines were going for realistic prices.
Thanks to all the organisers and everyone who attended....and correct me if I'm wrong Jerry ..... I can see this keeping the auctions going?!?!
Thanks again for a great day! :D

JC

Postby JC » Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:20 pm

..........yes Cadillac, this will certainly keep the auctions going. :D

I said I thought this would be a good one, and I was right (for once). There are no doubt several factors for yesterday's success, not least the number, variety and quality of lots - we had just about the right number, and I think the variety and diversity of machines was spot on, although 'quality' bandits were a bit thin on the ground.
It was great to see everyone again, and there were a good number of new faces too, which we desparately need - let's hope we can continue to attract newcomers. Top marks must go to Kevin, whose auctioneering skills surely contributed to the day.

Anyway, a full report will be included in the Dec. issue of MMM, and I shall forward on to this site a full list of prices, to be posted in the ARENA.

As I've said on many occasions, we can only continue to run these events with everyone's support......and once again, you didn't let us down!

See you all next November (if not before).

Jerry

bryans fan

Postby bryans fan » Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:36 pm

Sorry to take so long to post a big thank you to the two J`s for the Auction on Sunday. I thought it was a very good, well organised event and very enjoyable.
I think it was a big improvement on the last one, lessons had obviously been learnt. Kevin was excellent as Auctioneer. The venue is very good, and suitable for the amount of lots entered. There was a good selection of decent machines, which were there to be sold with realistic reserves. Most of the lots were in good order and desirable, rather than sellers trying to clear out rubbish, which attracted buyers and prompted people to bid. All in all a very good event which should encourage both sellers and buyers to support the next one.
Well done to all involved. :claps: :claps:

jimmycowman

Postby jimmycowman » Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:03 pm

Yes I'm a bit late replying - snowed in, couldn't get to my laptop he he:D ,good day had by all. Went with the intentions of winning the Byrans Pilwin but lost and came home with a cheap bandit :???: , Better luck next time I'm thinking. Roll on the next one. Again well done everyone involved. PS. Mr Pennymachines looks better with his hair cut!!!!! :!:

pennymachines
Site Admin

Postby pennymachines » Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:28 pm

Thanks Jimmy. I knew it was money well spent. :!:
Coventry auction results here.

malcymal

Postby malcymal » Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:09 pm

Shame I couldn't get there - looking in the Arena there were some nice pieces. Seems to be an influx of bandits on ebay at the moment! Were there a lot of dealers there? That Beromat on ebay looks uncannily like the one sold at the auction. There's also a hideous green bandit on ebay called VEGAS. Is this the same machine that was listed in the auction results? I'm gonna try my best to get to the next one by getting up very early in the morning and travelling oop North.

rippyspennyarcade

Postby rippyspennyarcade » Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:05 pm

Hi, I attended the Coventry auction, which was superb - a credit to Jerry and the team!! You are correct about that VEGAS bandit, it was one of the lots at the auction (I looked at it) and it sold for £60. Be interesting to see how much it fetches on eBay!!!!!

malcymal

Postby malcymal » Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:13 pm

Vegas bandit went for £50-ish quid on ebay..... oops..... my god it really was hideous, I wouldn't even pay 50 pence for it........ things people buy!

malcymal

Postby malcymal » Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:37 am

When are you guys planning the next auction? My nephew is now into slotties and wants to go to next one, as will I as we are gonna car share, strip out his back seats so we can come back to Bognor with a load of goodies to play with. Thanks, Malc

badpenny
Forum Moderator

Postby badpenny » Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:30 pm

Jerry is playing with the idea that one a year in Coventry is about right, unless somebody contacts one of us to dispose of a large collection.
Badpenny