Not slots but ........!

American, British, French or German? We want to know about it.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Not slots but ........!

Post by badpenny »

I think I upset Dave Hooper once many years ago for he forced me to have half a dozen bumper car shells for free.
It took me years to get rid of them. I turned one into a lamp shade for a pool table.
I cut one down the middle and nailed the two halves to the wall facing each other
One served as a raised bed in the garden with roses growing out of it.
Two were given away to someone who'd upset me and the last one was used as the body of a sidecar for a stripped Honda Goldwing.
I wish I'd had the ingenuity and skill to to do the following.
Perhaps JC Engineering could tackle it.

Yes, you read that right; these little beasties are street legal. They run on either Kawasaki or Honda motorcycle engines and co-opt vintage bumper car bodies into the most awesome form of mini-car we've seen in too long.

There are seven of these little monsters floating around California , and they're all the creation of one man, Tom Wright, a builder in the outskirts of San Diego who figured the leftovers of the Long Beach Pike amusement park needed a more dignified end than the trash heap. They were originally powered by two cylinder Harley Davidson Motorcycle engines but they rattled like heck because of the two cylinder vibration and Tom replaces them with four cylinder Honda or Kawasaki 750's and a couple have been measured as capable of 160 MPH, which is terrifyingly fast in machines with such a short wheelbase.
Attachments
bumper1.jpg
bumper2.jpg
bumper3.jpg
bumper4.jpg
bumper5.jpg
bumper6.jpg
bumper7.jpg
bumper8.jpg
e00c

Re: Not slots but ........!

Post by e00c »

Look absolutely fantastic! !!THUMBSX2!! !!THUMBSX2!!
Got any shells left to give me?! aha.