Sega Continental help needed

Post by caytonbay »

hi too have said machine and its not working advice pls
pennymachines
Site Admin

Re: Sega Continental help needed

Post by pennymachines »

Hi caytonbay, welcome to the forum.
I've split your post from the Sega Continental Artwork thread because your query is mech. related.

If you want a reply from our resident bandit experts (whose families are no doubt making unreasonable demands upon them this time of year), give some more information. What exactly isn't working? Handle jammed, payouts wrong or just not working with the decorative scheme of your home? What have you tried already? Was it working before? Notice anything when it went wrong? The more specific you can be, the more chance someone can help. Close-up pics of suspect mechanism can also be useful.
caytonbay

Continental/Sega Grand Prix

Post by caytonbay »

well i would like to say hello, i've been around fruit machines a while and often have one home for repairs, but to keep the wife on side i picked up (with help) a one armed bandit, to be fare its seen better days and has a few fault's main one i see is the coin mec it don't seem to work and i'm not convinced its the right one, would love some advise pls
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Re: continental/saga grand prix

Post by badpenny »

Howdy .... and welcome to the site.
Share the details with us : -
*What's its history?
*What are all the faults? Sometimes they are related and confuse the diagnosis.
*Can you post us some photos? It always helps.
*Are there any large fierce dogs in your house? It'll probably help to trace around your house key.

Badpenny
malcymal

Re: Continental/Sega Grand Prix

Post by malcymal »

Hi there. I renovated a Continental (pictures somewhere within one of the forums) and they are relatively simple mechanisms with a few hidden twists that I have not found on other machines. As suggested, need some detail as to what doesn't work. One of the most common things in discussion with some other owners at the time, is the flimsy coin detector pin. You might even have two, as many were two pulls for one coin. They are easily broken or easily dislodged, hence if it's missing, the reel mechanism won't actuate. If it doesn't pay out, there is also a locking mechanism that stops the payout forks engaging with the coin slides. Anyway, spill the beans and I'm sure we will sort it out. Malc
caytonbay

Sega one arm bandit spares needed

Post by caytonbay »

hi i'm looking for a coin mec for a saga one arm bandit or at least photos of one so i can work out whats missing and advise on replacing the lighting would help, i've got the machine working on free play and managed to get it paying out but would love to sort coin mec too

Post moved to Questions & Answers and merged - Site Admin.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Three times it's been suggested a photo would help.
That's for no other reason than most of us have seen various types of different mechs in different cases so saying it's a Sega (not Saga) tells us very little.
If you haven't got a digital camera, get access to a phone that takes pictures and upload them to a site like Photobucket, then you can put a link in here to them.
However no piccies isn't likely to get us very far.

Happy New Year.
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

As has been mentioned piccies would help or detail of the issue, but I have attached some piccies of machines sold recently that may help
Attachments
641E.jpg
THIS APPEARS TO HAVE FISH POND PIPE FOR THE COIN SHUTE
THIS APPEARS TO HAVE FISH POND PIPE FOR THE COIN SHUTE
malcymal

Post by malcymal »

Ingenious use of fish pond pipe for coin overspill; i shall go buy some to replace the two cardboard toilet tubes wedged together to do same job in my Sega Windsor. Nice.... :cool:

Whilst on subject of Sega Continental, anybody got a spare special award mech they want to part with ?
malcymal

Re: Sega one arm bandit spares needed

Post by malcymal »

caytonbay wrote:hi i'm looking for a coin mec for a saga one arm bandit or at least photos of one so i can work out whats missing and advise on replacing the lighting would help, i've got the machine working on free play and managed to get it paying out but would love to sort coin mec too

Post moved to Questions & Answers and merged - Site Admin.
Quickest and chepest way to address lighting is to scrap the tube system and replace with a couple of pygmy lamps and holders and flex (all comes together) (about £14 a pair).
Works great in my sega lightup and you wouldnt know the difference (there is no jackpot unit in it so one lamp screwed into the jackpot recess), light shines on reels, illuminates award card and down to illuminate cash tray, one in the top box. If you want to be a stickler for the orignal wiring and transformer etc, and prepared to get electrocuted, then maybe ebay might help you.