Mills Super Star

American, British, French or German? We want to know about it.
treefrog

Mills Super Star

Post by treefrog »

Not seen one of these before, nice looking machine, which appears to be a genuine mills, but the casting is so simular to the Jennings Sun Chief.....I have looked through my limited library and could not find one....
Attachments
SUPERIOR STAR.jpg
SUPER STAR2.jpg
SUPERIOR STAR3.jpg
Last edited by treefrog on Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
cheeky

Re: Mills Superior Star

Post by cheeky »

Firstly, a happy New Year to you! Yes, these Mills variations are interesting. I've seen a few in the US but will be interested to hear from other slotties how these came about. As you say, an uncanny resemblance to Jennings machines!
operator bell

Re: Mills Superior Star

Post by operator bell »

I've never seen one of those. Whereabouts on it does it say it's a Mills? It's possible, I suppose, that it was made by TJM after that company absorbed Jennings and Mills, or it could have been made by one of the several Mills distributors/revampers. I tend to the latter conclusion, since as far as I know neither Jennings nor Mills ever used a star symbol on any other machine. I'm curious how they do the "double jackpot" for blue stars. Does that mean it drops the reserve as well?
treefrog

Re: Mills Super Star

Post by treefrog »

Apologies, it was called a Super Star...
I agree though there does not appear to be any reference to Mills, as so suspect this was a after market conversion.

Looks like a Mills (Maybe Sega) mechanisn as below. This machine is on ebay in the states at a pricely sum, also another seller is selling a top casting for one. I wonder what they did for the coin mechanism, being centre positioned like a jennings.

SUPER STAR

TOP CASTING
Attachments
super-star.jpg
slotfixer

Re: Mills Super Star

Post by slotfixer »

This is a Mills / Autobell Revamp made about 1962-64. Mills was selling off older molds to stay in business. The end being when they sold the remaining stock to Sega in 64. None of the castings has any part numbers stamped on them. Autobell also made the Wild Indian with similar lower casting. The Super Bell is very rare for a Mills revamp, I know of only 3 others.