AAM - Will you be re-subscribing?

General vintage slot machine related topics.

Will you be re-subscribing?

Poll ended at Sat Apr 29, 2006 1:47 pm

YES
No votes
NO
100%

Total votes: 16

terry

AAM DEAD???!!!

Post by terry »

AAM topic merged - Site Admin
AAM DEAD??!! Not on your Nelly! No sooner have the rumour mongers started to peddle tales of his premature death when Steve pops up with the trump card...issue No.6 of the new "improved" AAM newsletter. Featured in this issue is another riveting weather report from the pier (it's been sunny this weekend), and a dozen ads for stuff that folk can't shift on ebay!! What you all have to realise that this newsletter is Steve's "Get Out Of Jail" card on the lost subscriptions front. As soon as you take delivery of your morning post with the inconspicuous white A4 envelope tucked away in the pile, you have effectively accepted the "Kings Shilling" and allowed him to creep ever closer to compensating us in the form of a photocopied sheet of uninteresting lip service. Steve's magazine and auctions used to be great but it's sad to see his and AAMs name on an obviously contrived and very cheap vehicle of escape. I wonder what sort of product will be on offer when everyone's subscriptions have expired? I suspect nothing! :evil:
Bent Copper

AAM - Will you be re-subscribing?

Post by Bent Copper »

AAM topic merged - Site Admin
I don't want to start a rant war, but I just wondered how many people would be re-subscribing to the AAM (more like AAN now) when their current subscription runs out.

The subscription is £18 for 24 issues. So will you be re-subscribing?

*You need to be signed in to vote.
margamatix

Post by margamatix »

No. It seems to me that these flyers are supposed to be the "missing" AAM magazines. I didn't pay £36 for this but have now given up on getting Steve Hunt to honour his side of the deal.

Meanwhile I expect to continue receiving a photocopied sheet of A4 paper every fortnight until Steve considers that he has fulfilled his side of the bargain.

I would never deal with him again.
cheeky

Post by cheeky »

I have voted a resounding 'no'. We must support Southern Counties Auctioneers and Jerry's mag in full.

I was interested to hear that over 100 people went to Steve's last auction. Yes they really did. I know that most of those have moaned on this site as well. What can I say?
Robin

Post by Robin »

I think that the AAM magazine is no longer viable. Steve appears to have other interests now, and does not appear to be as committed to the magazine as in the past.
bryansjim

Post by bryansjim »

John Hanson tried it but prior to his 2nd or 3rd auction someone (I have my suspicions) rung the auction venue saying that they were from the gaming board and if the auction took place the machines would be seized as he did not have a gaming license. The license being a ridiculous amount and the magazine being only a hobby ,the auction being less than 100 lots John had to cancel.
This upset John and I think helped in finishing the magazine though any owed subscriptions were paid off.
:D
Robin

Post by Robin »

Further to comments regarding Steve, and lack of replies. A very good friend of mine departed last year to the slot machine arcade in the sky. As he was a subscriber to the AAM mag, I contacted Steve to stop the magazine and pay outstanding contributions to local charity. To date have had no reply at all. What happened to common decency?
trevmo

Post by trevmo »

I don't want to start the whole AAM thing off again, but has anyone received a newsheet thingy in the last month, or is it just me he's picking on?
jimmycowman

THE SHOP

Post by jimmycowman »

I didn't go but would be interested if it was open and did he sell anything? Someone must have gone ????