Print block

Discuss our on-site auctions and other slot machine auctions.
treefrog

Print block

Post by treefrog »

I am unsure on the item below whether the bidding, based on the feedback on the seller and buyers, is false, given it has reached £500 for what may be some kind of advertising print block for an old pinball type machine. Or am I missing something and these are highly collectible?

vintage slots slot machines SLATE PRINT??
Attachments
print.jpg
coin-op
Forum Moderator

Re: Print block

Post by coin-op »

I thought it was appealing at 99p, but the offer of £90 :o in the Q & A amazed me and the fact that there are merely two bidders each with only 3 feedback apiece raised my doubts (along with the £500 current price). I could see it as £499.99... but £500? No way! I also see that in the Q & A someone says that on the Antique Road Show something along these lines was valued at over £1,000. I think it's novel, not highly collectible and definitely one to laugh at :HaHa:
bandito

Post by bandito »

I have been watching this and whoever thinks this is worth more than twenty quid must be nuts !PUZZLED!
The bidding says it all...... !!ESCAPE!!
gameswat

Post by gameswat »

Very coincidental that the 500 quid high bidder has only bid on one other item recently, a bouncy castle - and what do you know, the printing block seller deals in bouncy castles!!?

And don't get me started about the 15 pound postage charge he's asking for this piece of junk......... :roll:
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

I haven't sold anything on ebay for a long time, but am I right in thinking that if the seller, or one of his mates, has run this up to £500, it will end up costing them an ebay fee probably in excess of the item's value? I see that the Final Value Fee for an item sold for £0.01 or more is 10% of the final selling price (up to a maximum of £40). So if he shilled this and there's no sucker willing to pay £500+, it will cost him £40 plus any listing fee. :o
daveslot

Post by daveslot »

You can claim the fee back if the sale did not complete.
There are lots of printing blocks on ebay, one is selling a carousel block for £5 Buy-it-Now, not a pinball I know but...
slotalot

Post by slotalot »

Been away for a few days and get back to this !PUZZLED!
I was watching it at 99p !THUMBS! but £500 :burp:
more slate loose than slate print I think! !EHEH!
raj

Post by raj »

We have a chance to buy 'another' slate print on ebay Item number: 300554298161.
Guess what, no picture of the item.
Both buyer & seller gave immediate 5* feedback to each other !PUZZLED! , so it will be interesting to see how the sale now gets cancelled to get the £50 seller fee refunded and if the picture of the new item is identical to the first! :o
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

If you look at the original listing, the new one is a relist, so confirms the likelihood this was cancelled or not completed, maybe one can get it for 99p this time
coin-op
Forum Moderator

Post by coin-op »

swaledaleslots wrote: so it will be interesting to see how the sale now gets cancelled to get the £50 seller fee refunded and if the picture of the new item is identical to the first! :o
Interestingly, got this ebay message this morning "An item you were watching has been relisted. Don't miss out again - bid now. vintage slots slot machines SLATE PRINT?? penny arcade Current price: £0.99 " What a surprise! :lol:
gameswat

Post by gameswat »

I love the feedback left by the buyer - "AMAZING ITEM!!THANKYOU SO SO MUCH!!++++++A+ CREDIT TO EBAY!!++++++++++++++++++++"

Haha, rarely does anybody leave such "Amazing" feedback. And if the buyer was so happy with the printing block why didn't he make a great offer and buy all the others????
coin-op
Forum Moderator

Post by coin-op »

gameswat wrote:Haha, rarely does anybody leave such "Amazing" feedback.
Up until 8.00 am this morning I'd agree with this, but just bought a CD from Italy on eBay (£6.50 inc. postage) and this morning a package arrived with the CD, plus 2 other band sealed albums, 2 extra different CDs, a 7" single and SIX copies of another CD (but no cases with these, so could kick up about that!) AND the cover postage was 9 Euros (about £7.50)... so I'm gonna be leaving amazing feedback!! But this is digressing from the topic... clearly a wide boy seller... be interesting to see what the thing sells for if his mates don't bid it up... and begs the question as to what he thought he had, to be playing the games he did. !PUZZLED!
bandito

Post by bandito »

£500 quid was a bargain! was worth at least a grand..........a-hem........ !!CHEERS!!
see if i can find a couple dozen of these lying around the house...... !!YIPPEE!!
gameswat

Post by gameswat »

My theory is that the buyer had inside knowledge - he knew that this was actually made of solid gold bullion, smelted during the war by a Jewish operator, disguised as a lead printing plate, and smuggled out to the UK. !THUMBS!
bryans fan

Post by bryans fan »

There is another of those very rare slate print blocks on Ebay... don't all bid at once!
Jennings/ mills old one arm bandit print block RARE !!
Attachments
printblock.JPG
loramarsden

Post by loramarsden »

hey all! long time no post!
just read this thread - RIDICULOUS!

gotta say i'd love one of these, being the arty sod i am! i could have hours of fun with one of these but the prices seem insane!

i think they're really nice and something i'd foolishly never even thought to look for before. i'll be keeping an eye out for a pretty one! :-)