Elevenses on TV

Discuss our on-site auctions and other slot machine auctions.
13rebel

Elevenses on TV

Post by 13rebel »

There was a Bryans elevenses featured on cash in the attic on BBC1 this morning at 11.30 - the clip is about 31 minutes into the programme. The auction was held in Seaton,Devon. According to the 'expert' it's a catching type of game and the pins above the gallery rotate so as to throw the ball off. (Really?) He couldn't test its working order as he didn't have any old pennies despite the casting clearly showing 1p and a small coin slot. I don't normally claim to have any expertise but largely thanks to this site and one or two members I found myself claiming to know more than the presenter. It sold for £600 presumably plus add ons of 15-20%. Perhaps one of you really clever chaps could upload the clip from BBC iplayer to this site.
coin-op
Forum Moderator

Re: Elevenses on tv

Post by coin-op »

I noticed that it was missing the stopper for the payout handle too. Link here (but seem to think iplayer clips are only viewable for a limited period) http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006v7ww
13rebel

Post by 13rebel »

........and a none too clever backflash-bit pricey?
13rebel

Post by 13rebel »

As an afterthought, what is the payout knob stopper designed to do? Other manufacturers e.g. Wonders, Whales etc. have no such item. Seems to me it just gets in the way of getting a good grip of the payout knob - an example of Bryans over engineering?
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

https://www.metacafe.com/watch/6949465/

Anyone spot the Bryans Clock in the first shot?
13rebel wrote:what is the payout knob stopper designed to do? Other manufacturers e.g. Wonders, Whales etc. have no such item. Seems to me it just gets in the way of getting a good grip of the payout knob - an example of Bryans over engineering?
I think it was designed precisely to prevent players getting a good grip, also perhaps to stop them thumping the knob in an effort to release the payout stops (similar to bumping a lock). Whether this was possible, I'm not sure, but apparently players tried it. I've seen a few Bryans allwins with a metal cone attached to the payout knob to thwart this practice. The collars around the payout knobs on some Whales allwins achieve a similar end. You had to use your fingertips rather than a full hand, greatly reducing the force you could apply. Unfortunately, it does mean small hands struggle to work the payouts, especially after other greasy fingers have done their work.
13rebel

Re: Elevenses on TV

Post by 13rebel »

Nice one PM :D