Inland courier services

General vintage slot machine related topics.
slotalot

Re: Using the Shiply courier auction service succsessfully

Post by slotalot »

Hi Grabber, If you want to check Parcel Force charges, you could get it here.
http://www2.parcelforce.com/send-uk
But I think I might try Shiply next time I have a machine to send. :D
grabber

Post by grabber »

Hi, the machine was picked up and delivered on Wednesday, very good service !!ESCAPE!!
I think there is still a chance of a better price. I'll have to wait and see if any other members of the forum do better hopefully. !!THUMBSX2!!
raj

Post by raj »

If you use the basic 48hr Parcelforce through ebay, 30kg will go for £11.99 & they will collect from your home if you want. They are not very careful carriers, so package well, also glass damage will invalidate any insurance you might want. I have posted allwins before, with and without glass with no problems, but a sheet of plate glass for an Ollie Whales will cost around £6, so it might be worth negotiating with your purchaser to see if they will take it without.
Shipley are usually very competitive, however some of the couriers live in a dream world. I had a long discussion about a pickup from the SE & he wanted £112 for an allwin & could not seem to grasp the concept of competition or multiple pick ups to create a full load. I finally settled on £50 which is the going rate. Weight is not usually the issue with these people, simply how much floor space the item takes, which is great for bandits.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

I've been watching his thread with interest as personally I wouldn't trust Parcelfarce ever again, even if my life depended upon it, and all I was transporting was fresh air.

They seem to take "Handle with Care" as a personal challenge. :NBG:
Should you be impertinent enough to think you can make a claim the chappy that visits demands to see every scrap of paper referring to the deed plus 100% of the materials used to pack it even if they themselves have succeeded in managing to rip bits of it off and regardless that their own staff accepted it as being suitably wrapped when they took your shillings off you.

If you foolishly think you've survived the above then their catch all statement is something along the lines of "You sent something not indestructible and are surprised it didn't survive, tut tut."

Then they wonder why the small man in a van organisations are taking their business off them.

!!IDEA!! My message is, take a pride in what you are doing, employ those that share your business interests then you won't have to cut corners and charge a fortune to pay for the suit that comes round to your house to explain how foolish you were to give them your business in the first place.

Rant over :dammit:
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

I agree totally with the previous post. I have to use Parcel Force at work and it's rubbish. The care and attention side of it is quite clear, the guy who works for Parcel Force doesn't have any reason to take care of your stuff. If it gets damaged, or worse, goes missing, no one really knows who to blame !!COOEE!! (forget tracking, it means nothing, believe me). If you get a man with a van that you might use again, he at least has a reason to take care. Like I said at the start of this thread, pick a guy with good feedback and tell him that if he's good you will use him again! Pay a fair price for the job, once again, like I said at the start, don't be greedy. What can you expect these days for £11.99? Moving a heavy object half the length of the UK and getting it there (A) in reasonable time and (B) in good condition seems to be worth £25 to £30 to me! You only get what you pay for.
hutto

Inland courier services

Post by hutto »

Topic moved & merged - Site Admin.

Hi all,
please can somebody tell me the name of a safe reliable courier service for transporting our bandits around the country.
Many thanks in advance !!CHEERS!!
treefrog

Re: courier service

Post by treefrog »

Have used Shiply successfully before, as was shipping from Inverness and saved me loads of dosh and time......Sometimes you need to be patient with bids and reject to see if they will reduce...
hutto

Re: courier service

Post by hutto »

Yes I see what you mean, thanks.
I will try and get a quote !!CHEERS!!
treefrog

Re: Inland courier service

Post by treefrog »

Interesting. I assume you have nothing to do with the company at all......
Guess it all comes down to price.
coppinpr

A very good courier service (?)

Post by coppinpr »

Topic moved & merged - Site Admin.

I've been TOLD (but have as yet not used this courier) that this service is very good indeed.
www.parcelhero.com

Uses major firms like UPS under special contract to do there deliveries, UK or overseas.
The person who told me has used them to Europe and has just booked a Jennings (40kg) from London to Yorkshire for £26!! (next day before 6pm)
Sounds like a dream come true. !!THUMBSX2!!
coppinpr

Re: A very good courier service (?)

Post by coppinpr »

I just ran some test quotes on this site and it seems very cheap.
I ran south London to Edinbrough and was quoted £24.50 inc Vat, delivery by 6pm next day!
lance_07

Post by lance_07 »

Hi, you can contact Delivery service Minneapolis for reliable, fast and cheaper delivery services in town.
monroe4

Post by monroe4 »

I have experienced Gold Coast courier service of Sub60 couriers. I found them worth of taking. I will suggest all to take their service once. You will surely appreciate their work.
alan57

Can anyone recommend a Courier please

Post by alan57 »

Topic merged - Site Admin.

Can anyone recommend a courier for moving a Jennings bandit about 300 miles. Just don't like the thought of the machine being dropped off the van. :shock:
aristomatic

Re: Can anyone recommend a Courier please

Post by aristomatic »

Where is it going from/to roughly?
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

Put the job on shiply and just be careful which quote you pick. Looking through the feedback from each courier that quotes soon shows the good safe ones that are fully insured.
alan57

Post by alan57 »

Going from Kent to Merseyside
aristomatic

Post by aristomatic »

Sorry, my contact doesn't do South East I'm afraid.

Could you not meet at an auction either Coventry or Leamington?

GP
dutchboy

Post by dutchboy »

In the past I had an Jennings brought to me by TNT. It was from the UK to the Netherlands, it went perfect!
spanky

Post by spanky »

There's a fellow everyone in the pinball and videogame scene uses called Martin Palfreyman (07748 521550). The way it works is he charges a flat rate, and he kind of combines journeys if you see what I mean. Best to text him as he's always on the go. I've used him before.