Unintentional or just got it wrong?

American, British, French or German? We want to know about it.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Unintentional or just got it wrong?

Post by badpenny »

As Sally has now got 3 Bryans machines adorning her house, I thought I'd give her a real treat on a visit today to Derby.
Knowing how to treat a girl I took her to Kegworth to show her the garage; that when I last was there occupies the site of Bryans Works.

Being well versed in treating women well I didn't spoil the treat by telling her in advance why we were there.
As we turned the corner I dramatically announced ... "Now look to your right and you'll see a really famous sight in the history of ......."
I didn't get any further as I found myself looking at an unimposing modern built hotel. So unimpressive it's name didn't even register.

However what did register was Sally's comment.
"Oh look, an Allwin"
Her statement was so bizarre especially as I hadn't mentioned anything to do with slots that I found myself searching the pavement outside for an oak cased machine, wierd!
I followed her gaze upwards to the logo stuck on the wall.

What the ??????? :o
Attachments
Kegworthhotel.jpg
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Re: Unintentional or just got it wrong?

Post by badpenny »

What a disappointing lot you are.
80 plus views and not a single one of you tempted to shout April Fool. There are at least two of you in Derby who know full well that spiral is stuck on the wall of The Westfield Shopping Centre in the centre of the city.

Going off to sulk now :#:
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

OK, that's twice they got me. First when my 10 year old nephew got me out of bed too early 'cause 'there was a man at the door come to collect his slot machine'. Should have known better. When did I ever sell a slot machine?
I haven't visited the hotel since Mr Bryan vacated his adjacent workshop. Naughty Badpenny. I never had you down as a jester.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

I'm not I'm Cancerian.
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

It was too obvious, the spiral goes the wrong way... you should have reversed the photo, THEN you would have caught us, well the simple allwin collectors anyway !PUZZLED!