Come out of hiding Ozzies..

American, British, French or German? We want to know about it.
andydotp

Come out of hiding Ozzies..

Post by andydotp »

Was just thinking how well Bob & Rory have done over the years with finding so many rare and beautiful machines here in Oz & NZ.
Is the era of the 'great find' over or am I simply not looking hard enough?
Am sure the illegality of ownership (in Vic unless with a permit) plays a part but all I've found in 19 yrs here is an APEX Hightop, Bursting Cherry, my Watling Ball Gum Vendor and the Coronet. !PUZZLED!
Obviously I'm aware of significant numbers of machines in NSW where it's no problem to own anything but here in Vic I only seem to come across Aristocrats (a chap I know has a garage full of them - plus a couple of War Eagles, a nice Roll a Top and pile of early Oz bandits).
So with so few slotties out here I'm really struggling to move my 14 remaining machines and/or trade/expand into wall machines,,,,,,,,,,,
So c'arn Aussies..........
andydotp

Re: Come out of hiding Ozzies..

Post by andydotp »

Alright,,,,,,,, flippin' dont't then. !!GRUMP!!
silverbitz

Post by silverbitz »

I agree with you Andy. I think a move to see more dealers/collectors interacting with each other would re-vitalise the hobby.
It has been suggested via another thread that a sales/auction site should be set up. I also think this is a great idea. This would enable us to all buy, sell or exchange pieces or duplicates we have. I'm not sure how this may affect our Coventry auction overall but one suggestion would be, that if a trade via the site is transacted it should be the 'good will' of those participants to perhaps donate five or ten pounds, which could in fact be used to fund a room or site here in the UK once a year for a show or small exhibition. Call it 'mini Chicagoland'!.
This may enable us to interact more casually, to gain more friend and contacts within the hobby. (putting faces to emails...if you like). Something that I fancied on my first visit to the Coventry auction but was difficult because of the obvious 'hustle and bustle' of time limitations prior to the actual auction sale.
'other' Andy.
andydotp

Post by andydotp »

Cheers Silverbitz (Andy),
Frustrating that there's so little activity in 'our' hobby down here in Awe-stralia so thankfull for Bob, Gameswat & Lord Lucan I say **xXx**
Laters And,
And.

Oh, thats two Ands in a row,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I can do a sentance with FIVE in a row, no commas, full stops etc. Can anyone beat that?

Answers on the back of a fifty as usual.