BUY IT NOW

Discuss our on-site auctions and other slot machine auctions.
bandito

BUY IT NOW

Post by bandito »

An unusual heading I know, but as an observer of slot machines on ebay, just like many of you fellow collectors, I thought it would be fun for you all to list on here "buy it now" requests from folk who "only live round the corner" and "I am in the area", who would be willing to "take it off your hands" etc., etc.
Here is one to start you off.....
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lucky-devil-F ... 43aee00359
Q: am delivering some furniture to ascot tomorrow [thursday] and can collect in van either afternoon or evening, whats your buyitnow for cash on collection tomorrow, many thx Oscar
!!RELAX!!

What I don't like, is the fact that people like him stop people like me from getting a chance to bid for it. Maybe not this time, but other machines that go to collectors out for easy pickings. I always email the seller of anything I like now and tell them that if they are tempted to sell to someone, this way to let me know how much for and I will see if I can better their price. I see too many machines being sold this way and missing out as usual. :(
treefrog

Re: BUY IT NOW

Post by treefrog »

If you try to bid on item you get the following
Gaming Machines
Gaming (fruit/slot) machines are listed as restricted items on eBay and may only be sold under certain conditions as detailed in the gaming machines policy. This includes the private sale of single gaming machines.

Buyers seeking to bid on a gaming machine that requires a license or permit per our policy are advised to check that the seller holds the appropriate licence or permit to sell a gaming machine(s) before proceeding with the purchase. The seller’s licence or permit details should be displayed within the individual listing. Failure to display these details may be an indication that the gaming machine is being supplied illegally.

The Gambling Commission publishes details of operators who have applied for licences and those that have been granted an operating licence on their website. You can confirm whether a company or an individual has a gaming machine licence using this link.

eBay cooperates with law enforcement agencies including the Gambling Commission and will assist any agency investigating the illegal sale of a gaming (slot/fruit) machines upon verified request. Information concerning the buying and selling of gaming machines will be passed to the Gambling Commission where appropriate and in compliance with relevant legislation.
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

Ah yes, but it's not just the buyers with their "I'm in the area" lies, the one that makes me laugh most is the seller who "knows nothing about these. so don't know if it's working OK", then posts a photo with four other machines in the background. There are three of these on ebay right now!!! dirtdog
rivierakid

Post by rivierakid »

coppinpr wrote:Ah yes, but it's not just the buyers with their "I'm in the area" lies, the one that makes me laugh most is the seller who "knows nothing about these. so don't know if it's working OK", then posts a photo with four other machines in the background. There are three of these on ebay right now!!! dirtdog
Very good point. I was tempted to take a chance and bid on one of these eBay items but after reading your post I rummaged through the sellers feedback and find that he/she has recently bought some expensive coin-op items. It therefore seems inconceivable that they don't know anything about the item they're selling and whether it's working or not. So All smells too fishy and I shan't be bidding.
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

I was tempted to take a chance and bid on one of these eBay items but after reading your post I rummaged through the sellers feedback and find that he/she has recently bought some expensive coin-op items
A very cleaver use of ebay feedback, good thinking, ill use that idea !!IDEA!!
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Follow this link to go back to a thread nearly seven years old, nothing changes huh?

"Can handling old copper pennies damage your memory?"
malcymal

Post by malcymal »

I note now that some sellers are tyring to bypass the automated warning messages by listing their slots outside of the coin operated area, such as under antique collectibles. However, as common key words in descriptions such as one, one arm, armed,bandit, slot, machine are fairly crucial i wonder how anybody is going to be sharp spotted to find anything listed in a devious way and how the seller might suffer at the bargain hunters hands where there are only 1 or a couple of bidders?
toibs

Post by toibs »

So as a seller, whats the tips for avoiding the nasty rules and regs on Ebay at the moment? Video in the description? Not mentioning the words "bandit" or "working order" in the description??

Will need to rid of some older machines soon to pay for/make way for some newer ones hopefully, and would rather they didnt get pulled...

cheers
Paul
bandito

Post by bandito »

if i ever sell one of my machines on ebay and i get the "do you have a BUY IT NOW price" i will of course say yes, no problem, then ask about TEN times more than its worth just to pee them off........HA HA! !!RAYOF!!
toibs

Post by toibs »

Which is of course what a lot of people do - take the price you want and add 100% - if they want it That badly they will pay it!!!!
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

the only way that seems to work !00% of the time for me is to set up a template in ebay every time you sell and find one that gets through, if it gets through three times it would seem your off and running. On my good template I simply change the heading, info ,price and leave the rest as is. Key picks from the lists offered seem to be only 'pre-decimal coins, no jackpot, no awards', I also added my own description in one area 'for amusement only- conforms to ebay rules' also add the same micky mouse disclaimer to your info section. There will be those who say all this cant make a difference ,all I can say to that is this particular template has never failed in over a year. I tried another set up 3 weeks ago and it failed on the second day! If your interested i'll look up the template and send a copy to you so you can note all the correct tick boxes.
toibs

Post by toibs »

If you could that would be great :) Cheers
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

cant copy the template, here is the last suspenseful add
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/110862041650? ... 748wt_1396
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Wow Paul, so that's you then?

I've just read your ME page and note you consider it less embarrassing to be open about collecting crested china than you do owning up to being inflicted by slots.

Next time you auction one I suggest you put ........
"Advertised on behalf of a friend" :D
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

Actually Badpenny, the dead giveaway was I have the same name on Ebay as on the forum :didact:
When I started on Ebay (its first year) crested china was the perfect item to sell ,easy to photo ,cheap to send anywhere in the world and, at that time ,over valued on Ebay by buyers, I made a lot of money, now sadly all lost buying over priced slots just to see whats inside then selling at a lose, we all have our cross to bear... mine is a Goss crested china model of Ripon Market cross with the correct Ripon crest yours for just £65 !!!
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

Here is a nice quote from a disgruntled slot seller on ebay:
Just in case you wanted to remove this listing as you did with my bandits last week and not replying to my email regarding the fact they did not use legal tender , even with payouts disabled. I will be sending you 12 shillings and sixpence to pay my ebay fees this month as you think its real money . Let me know how you get on wont you.
Bless em
toibs

Post by toibs »

Lol - Saw that and have to say I did have a giggle :)
special when lit

Post by special when lit »

!!THUMBSX2!!
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

Looking at the ebay, rules I'm wondering if my template always works because the tick boxes and wording conform to number 1. of their three exceptions?

There are three exceptions:

1) Gaming machines, regardless of age, that cannot be used to acquire an opportunity to win a prize (i.e. money, article, right or service).

2) Gaming machines that were never functional but were made solely for display purposes.

3) Gaming machines where the member states in the listing that they hold a licence or permit under the Gambling Act 2005. You must make it clear in the listing that bidders must hold all necessary licences for the use or ownership of gaming machine
toibs

Post by toibs »

You see, interestingly, the Gaming commission website now states the following....
(here... http://www.gamblingcommission.gov.uk/ga ... ou_do.aspx

Prize gaming machines

You do not need any kind of licence to run gaming machines that do not offer a prize at all, or do not offer a prize worth more than the price you pay to play the machine.

You may apply to your local licensing authority for a prize gaming permit, which will let you offer bingo prize gaming machines. For more information on these permits, see our licensing authorities pages.

Gaming machines (fruit machines, slot machines) at home

You can own gaming machines for your private use, as long as you are the only person who plays them.

Pubs

Your alcohol licence lets you operate two category C or category D gaming machines (fruit machines, slot machines). As a pub owner you can also apply to your local licensing authority for a gaming permit, which lets you run a total of four category C or category D machines.

Clubs

You may apply for a club gaming or club gaming machine permit from your local licensing authority. These permits allow you to operate up to three machines (fruit machines, slot machines) from category B3A and below.

Fairs and travelling circuses

You can let people play category D and prize gaming machines at travelling fairs, as long as the fair is mainly composed of attractions that do not involve gambling.

Unlicensed family entertainment centres

If you are running a family entertainment centre under a permit from your local licensing authority, you can operate category D machines and bingo prize gaming machines.
So surely you can just post that you will only sell to people that will sign a disclaimer stating the above. Legally this must surely satisfy the Ebay police... In fact i can feel a mail coming on....