Shields Tuck Shop, Jamieson Shoot! & Threes! pinballs

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
slotalot

Shields Tuck Shop, Jamieson Shoot! & Threes! pinballs

Post by slotalot »

I am looking for a good clear hi-res photo of the artwork for the head of this machine, do any of you good people own one? :cool:
The machine is called SHOOT! and was the sister machine to the Tuck Shop, both machines were made in the 1960s by Shields of Bridlington. :didact:
I have found a few photo's on the net, but they are not very clear. !!JUNK!!
Can you help :!?!: thanks in advance !WORSHIPFULL!
Attachments
186l.jpg
slotalot

Shields Pinballs

Post by slotalot »

Topic merged - site admin.

HELP!
Hi :D , I have just managed to add yet another Shields pinball to my collection, or I will have once I get the head box sorted !PUZZLED! but to do this I need your help. So has anyone got a copy or photo of the artwork, or even a head box for this machine? I think it must have had the ACE, KING & QUEEN playing cards on it to indicate the payouts. I would like to get the artwork right, so any help would be very welcome.
Here is the machine (and yes, it was the one on Ebay last week) and also a photo of my other 2 Shields pinballs.
Thanks in advance :tarah:
Attachments
Artwork wanted for head of machine.
Artwork wanted for head of machine.
$(KGrHqJ,!hcE9eDOF1MSBPsiK10fFw~~60_12.jpg (25.21 KiB) Viewed 4426 times
My Shoot! & Tuck Shop pinballs
My Shoot! & Tuck Shop pinballs
cheeky

Re: Shields Pinballs?

Post by cheeky »

I love Shields Pinballs but alas I can't help you with yours. It seems like only yesterday that wheelers and dealers had literally dozens of them going nice and cheap. I remember at auction, complete working ones were going for £50. Bryans were still comparatively expensive of course. Some things never change!

Happy collecting and keep posting those photos. :cool:
chris roadhog

Post by chris roadhog »

You could try looking up Boogie Woogies music shop in Bridlington, owned by Chris Shields. His dad made the machines.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Now you've done it, you'd best warn Chris Shields he's likely to be descended upon by Stuart who will move in with him in order to scrutinise his photo albums, photograph every house he ever lived in, count and pair up his bri-nylon socks.

It ain't going to be pretty! :NBG:
slotalot

Post by slotalot »

Who ME???......BP you can read me like a book !READ!
chris roadhog

Post by chris roadhog »

badpenny wrote:Now you've done it, you'd best warn Chris Shields he's likely to be descended upon by Stuart who will move in with him in order to scrutinise his photo albums, photograph every house he ever lived in, count and pair up his bri-nylon socks.

It ain't going to be pretty! :NBG:
hahaha!
slotalot

Post by slotalot »

This is by way of an update re Shields artwork wanted :D . My good friend Robert Rowland sent me this photo of the artwork I am looking for !THUMBS! . I now know the machine was called "Threes!" If this jogs your memory and you have this machine or a photo taken square on from the front !WORSHIPFULL! I would love to see it before I start to recreate the artwork for my machine.
Thanks again Rob :tarah:
Attachments
ThreesA.jpg
ThreesA.jpg (29.7 KiB) Viewed 4266 times
mei-mei

Krafts Automatics Ltd

Post by mei-mei »

Topic merged - Site Admin.

Hi, does anyone know anything about this company, its history and the type of machines they made? I can't find out much online and I have come across a very primitive pinball machine made by them and would like to restore it to the best of my ability. Pics below. Sorry about the poor quality photo and bad reflection of the ceiling light.
Attachments
P1010002a.jpg
P1010001a.jpg
mei-mei

Re: Shields Tuck Shop, Shoot! & Threes! pinballs

Post by mei-mei »

Yikes! suddenly I have a dozen messages from years ago. There is obviously something I don't know about this site. Anyhoo the machine I have has a metal plaque on it stating Krafts Automatics Ltd London N16 so at a wild guess does this mean it was not manufactured by them but they sold them on Sheilds behalf? Mei-mei
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

Yes, that seems to be the case - Kraft distributed machines by Shields, Jamieson and Morris Shefras, amongst others. Bridlington-based Shields made Shoot!, the aforementioned Tuck Shop, Threes! and a similar pinball called Bingo.

mei-mei

Post by mei-mei »

Appreciated thank you. Would I be right in thinking that the flippers were designed not to move? Also was it a table top game or did it ever have legs? The one I have arrived with 3 horrendous MDF legs which I whipped off as soon as I got it. Mei-mei !PUZZLED!
JC

Post by JC »

There aren't any flippers - the things that may look like flippers are just bumpers.
I believe these machines were always counter-top, certainly all of those that I've encountered over the years haven't shown evidence of ever having legs.
mei-mei

Post by mei-mei »

Thanks JC, don't think I've had the pleasure before. Shame about the non-flippers kinda would give the game another element. It is a bit simplistic as it is even my 3 year old granddaughter got bored with it after 5 mins or so. :roll:
Think I will give it some wooden legs like the early machines as it's too heavy to cart around the house. Mei-mei
slotalot

Post by slotalot »

The Tuck Shop was made by Shields of Bridlington, the Three's, Bingo & Shoot were made by Jamiesons also of Bridlington, more information can be found on my website http://www.slotmachines.bravehost.com/j ... ngton.html !!JUNK!!
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

Thanks for putting the record straight slotalot. I vaguely remembered the Jamieson attribution, but, as I found no record of it here, decided I'd imagined it.
mei-mei

Re: Shields Tuck Shop, Jamieson Shoot! & Threes! pinballs

Post by mei-mei »

Yes, thanks slot a lot, interesting web site. I see that there are two versions of the shoot machine. Would you happen to know if the 'buffers' on that version move? Mei.mei
slotalot

Post by slotalot »

None of the machines have any moving buffers :( they are very basic in design.
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

We had two of these in an arcade I worked in in 1970, both had legs which looked original but I can't be sure they were - they weren't the kind of legs I was paying much attention to in 1970. :lol:
mei-mei

Post by mei-mei »

Hi coppinpr, thanks for the info regarding legs. I have managed to find sympathetic wooden legs that require some modification to fit the machine but should work well. I still owe you that pint and have booked for the November fest, looking forward to meeting all you guys. Also thanks slot a lot I'm sad about the buffers too as is my granddaughter, who after playing with the machine once, is no longer interested in it. The youth of today! Can't live with them, can't expect them to enjoy our hobbies either! dirtdog