Wondermatics "Pools": Locks which fit this machine?

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
bamsefar1

Wondermatics "Pools": Locks which fit this machine?

Post by bamsefar1 »

I got a Wonders "Pools". My machine was operated in Norway; so coinage and instructions are in Norwegian.

Anybody who knows when these were made?

I need both locks & key for this machine. Tips for which locks fit? Do the locks come with the lining around the lock-cylinder?

Any comment regarding this machine is appreciated !!THUMBSX2!!
Attachments
Wonders Pools
Wonders Pools
2012-11-01-622.jpg
2012-11-01-619.jpg
2012-11-01-624.jpg
13rebel

Re: Wondermatics "Pools": Locks which fit this machine?

Post by 13rebel »

Hi bamsefarl,
You have a nice machine there, with good gameplay.
It was made by Wondermatics of Tottenham in London around 1954 (according to Paul Braithwaite's book, 'Arcades and Slot Machines'). The company was founded in the early 1950s by Jack Glover. The lock of the main door does not have a separate ring around the barrel, it being all one piece. The lock of the cash door is usually bigger with the key being of the 'Yale' type. Both types sometimes turn up on ebay. Photos to follow......hopefully! Hope this is of some help.

wonders locks 007.JPG

Attachments
wonders locks 005.JPG
wonders locks 006.JPG
arrgee

Post by arrgee »

As 13rebel says, usually the top lock is a small one without a ring and the cash door lock is a larger Yale type lock, as in pics below (both taken from ebay):
Attachments
wonder pools.jpg
win & place 2.jpg
bamsefar1

Post by bamsefar1 »

Thanks for the feedback so far. Informative for me. Appreciate it .

I have to lube & look over the mechanism, as it havent been used for decades. But as the payout-scheme states; it pays out 2,4 or 6 coin; hitting the right holes. Nice theme on this allwin. Soccer & bets are allways a winner.

British allwins are rare in scandinavia, so I was thrilled when I found this one; especially since this machine appears to be originally adapted to the norwegian marked from the start..
I found this (see picture under) lock on ebay today; and bought it right away; without really checking the measurements. Time will show if I can use it

Guess I should get the measurements of the holes where the locks once was; and watch eBay closely :-)
Attachments
allwin lock on ebay
allwin lock on ebay
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

Hi bamsefarl,
Some observations about your allwin:
The backflash is different from most examples - perhaps a later model. Most have 'WONDER-POOLS' in big orange letters, top left, whereas yours has 'Wonders' within an arrow and 'POOLS' in an oval logo. Also, beside the 3rd hole down (next to 222), yours says 'DRAW OR HOLD FOR COMBINATION', where usually it says 'BANKER'. Wondermatics were in the habit of re-drawing their artwork when making a new print run for some of their most successful games.