Allwin replica for an RAF museum

Building a slot machine from scratch? You're not alone in your madness.
classicgambler

Allwin replica for an RAF museum

Post by classicgambler »

Hello guys,
I am new to this forum. First of all, thanks for letting me join and, secondly, I am in the process of making an allwin machine from scratch. It will only be a replica one and none working. I am doing this for an RAF museum here in Cornwall, UK. The question is, what type would there have been from the years 1940s - 1945? I would like any photos, so as to use as an idea !!THUMBSX2!!

Thank you.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Re: allwins replica for a RAF museum

Post by badpenny »

Hi classicgambler and welcome.

Keeping to the theme, why not look at World War Themed Allwins

In fact, if you're good with a brush (and I guess you are, as you're planning to make an Allwin fit for a museum) Why not spend a mere £150 on a kit, knock up a case to go round it and copy WW II aeroplane theme backflash from above.
You'd get a working model earning 2p a throw and you'd have spent little but still put the finishing touches yourself.

Our member JC is the vendor and may be contacted by PM through this site if you have questions about the kit

Badpenny.
jimmy55

Re: Allwin replica for an RAF museum

Post by jimmy55 »

What a great kit! Got to put one of those on my christmas list.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Be soon ...... from what I hear the stock is going very fast and as we know when it's gone it's gone for ever!
jimmy55

Post by jimmy55 »

Aren't they re-manufactured when they go out of stock? I guess its quite a high re-order to make economic sense.
classicgambler

Post by classicgambler »

Thanks for that, badpenny, although the one I am building will be a replica and in a mocked pub at the museum. I will have to stick with none-working but made to look as real as possible, so no money can be put in and not be playable. The spares that are on there will be of interest to me, so I appreciate the link but I have tried to buy a couple of things such as the coin cup and the coin entry but, for some unknown reason, it won't let me - not sure why, but I will keep on trying as it is a paypal payment too, which is better. !!THUMBSX2!!
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

classicgambler - I'll highlight to JC the problems you've been having purchasing, I'm sure he'll contact you.

jimmy55 - Nostalgic have gone out of business, the stock for sale are all that's left and were bought by Jerry Chattenton who owns The Vintage Amusement Arcade in Brighton, Publishes Mechanical Memories Magazine and co-runs the Coventry Auction

There is no current intention to re-order when this stock has gone, never say never, but I don't think in these days of shite finances there is any money for the bulk re-ordering needed to produce anymore.

As Mussolini said "He who hesitates es multo buggered." .... smart man Mussolini.

Badpenny
JC

Post by JC »

Good luck with your allwin project classicgambler. I've no idea why you have had problems buying from the site - you say "it won't let me" - at what point are you experiencing difficulty? Each time you click on an 'add to basket' link, you will be connected to the Paypal site. When you have completed your order, you will then checkout via Paypal........ at what point is it not working?

As for the allwin kits mentioned above, they have proved very popular - so much so, they are now all gone! (Sold the last two yesterday). And as BP says, this is all remaining stock - when it's gone, it's gone. There will be no more produced.

Jerry
classicgambler

Post by classicgambler »

Thanks for that info JC. One of your items that I am after has sold out so I'm outta luck there. It was the coin cup. When I click on 'add to basket', it says at the bottom of my screen 'waiting for paypal... sending request', then that's it. Nothing happens. So, not sure why this is !PUZZLED!
classicgambler

ball track allwins

Post by classicgambler »

Topic merged - Site admin.

Hello guys, as some of you know I am making a replica of a machine (NONE WORKING). I have made some ball tracks to go in. Now I would like to fix it onto the backflash. Can anyone tell me what is the best way to fix it onto the backflash :!?!:
raj

Re: ball track allwins

Post by raj »

The easiest (Bryans etc.) way, would be to use split pins through a set of small holes drilled to the very rear of the track and fed through the backboard. Depending how far into the project you are, you could set the pins so as not to be underneath the components, to make life easier. It does not require too many, one a each end of the short runs, 3 or 4 on longer runs, pulling as tight as possible to keep the track flush with the base and clear of the glass. Loose lay the track first to make sure the rest of the door does not cover all the nice shiny bits once it is put together............ Send us some photos to drool over?
classicgambler

Post by classicgambler »

Thanks for that. I will give it a go. If all fails, I might use a tiny bit of mitre glue. I will certainly get some photos of before and afters, but I'm going to let everyone wait till it's finished though :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
slotalot

Post by slotalot »

Do you have a photo of how far you have got - it might help to advise you better !THUMBS!
classicgambler

Post by classicgambler »

I knew someone was going to try and get some photos out of me :D but it's all good. Right, first of all, I'm at work in 30 mins and tomorrow I am at the hospital, so it might be Wednesday when I can get some photos on, BUT PLEASE don't laugh at what I am actually using for a cabinet, and everything is as close to the original machine and components on the outside. Yes, I know it will be interesting to see, but I for one am interested in making replica ones and not working ones coz I ain't got a clue as to what goes on inside the machine. It's my first time at this kind of thing, so if at first you don't succeed, try and try again. Well, that's my motto anyway.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Don't worry Chap, we haven't got a clue either. :NBG:
slotalot

Post by slotalot »

Can I ask which museum is it for? And are you just making the one machine? !!CHEERS!!
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Keep up Stuart, it's RAF Davidstow Moor

Which probably explains why you were the only one missing off the Penny Machines Day Out Coach Trip last month. even Andy from Australialand turned up. :cool:
classicgambler

Post by classicgambler »

Yes, it's for the RAF museum at Davidstow. I will be making one for them, and if I get on well with this one, then I will consider making more of them - different ones though, but not all for the museum, as I only want one for that era.
slotalot

Post by slotalot »

badpenny wrote:Keep up Stuart, it's RAF Davidstow Moor
I must have nipped to the toilet when that was being talked about... :!?!:
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

slotalot wrote:I must have nipped to the toilet when that was being talked about...
Yes, we had to wait for ages.
Badpenny

ps Guess what I'm reading on my Kindle at the moment?