Place to visit

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
allow

Place to visit

Post by allow »

I intend to be in London during the end of month for several days (a business trip)
And it's for me the first time that I will be in London.
In this trip I have another 2-3 free days to spend in London for my own time and I would like to ask you where is the best place that can be found in U.K that I should to go? Of course, places that related to Allwins machines museums, stores shops, exhibitions or any kind of such activity.

Can anyone share with me some helpful hints/tips?

-Thanks
margamatix

Post by margamatix »

Can't think of any museum devoted to amusement machines, most of those seem to be on the coast...

There's a win-a-cig allwin in the Science Museum and although that doesn't exactly make "a collection", I would always recommend a trip to the Science Museum to anyone with an interest in machinery. It's at South Kensington and it's free to get in.

http://www.sciencemuseum.org.uk/
allow

Post by allow »

I found the bryans museum on the net
http://www.melright.com/bryans/museum.htm

Is anyone know about such places or shops that can be visited and they sell allwins machines?

-Thanks
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

Yes, the Science Museum is always worth a visit if you're in London.

The Bryans Museum doesn't sell allwins but has a good display of Bryans products (including allwins).
The address:
Drayton Manor Park
near Tamworth
Staffordshire
B78 3TW

You need to make sure the museum is open before you go - often it's closed even though the other attractions are open. Tel. 08708 725252.
I live about 14 miles from Tamworth, so if you want to visit me (and my allwins), email me before you make the trip and maybe we can arrange it.

See The Archive/Locations for other slot machine museums and exhibitions around Britain.