Chinese on the receiving end??

Enter the Honourable Judge's favourite tavern for a dram of Tittle Tattle. There's an ancient bandit in the corner, but I forget his name...
coppinpr

Chinese on the receiving end??

Post by coppinpr »

In two weeks time my best friend goes to China as part of a six man trade delegation; part government, part private enterprise. The result will (not could, but definitely will) be the Chinese buying up to a billion pounds of British goods and services over the next 10 years. What are they buying you rush to ask? The answer horse racing.

As you may have heard, there is a slight rumor that the Chinese like to gamble and following the return of Hong Kong, the powerful and rich Hong Kong Jockey club set about introducing the pastime to their new owner. Smart racing clubs were opened in the big mainland cities where the new rich Chinese could watch racing and have the odd bet. Not long before they wanted to own horses and see them run, while they strut around in the owner's box. Meanwhile, just about every Chinese man wants to bet on the racing, every day! The trade delegation has been asked to go and sell them the expertise and admin to set up the running of racing in China, as well as to sell the Chinese planning and design for the first twenty race tracks (they have just one on the mainland now). The Irish have already sent a delegation and sold them the start-up stock for breeding race horses (the Chinese long term plan would need over 10,000 horses!).

The delegation's first ploy has already floored any attempt by other countries to sell to China. In the Summer, the sixty top Chinese business men involved in this project have been asked to come to Royal Ascot and meet the Queen.

Love her or hate her, she does front a lot of trade deals (I know, I've seen it first hand) and of course... she knows her racing - "more tea Mr Chang?" !ORIENTAL!
bandito

Re: Chinese on the receiving end??

Post by bandito »

Interesting article, but I keep thinking about Tesco horse burgers flooding the market....... !WEIRD!
jimmy55

Post by jimmy55 »

The first sponsor is lined up. 'The Findus Stakes' or is it steaks?
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

the doctor has told me i must watch what i eat ...so I bought tickets for the grand national :lol:
bandito

Post by bandito »

I bought a burger at Tesco’s cafe, the waitress said “would you like anything on it?” I replied “a fiver each way “ !!CHEERS!!
youngerap

Post by youngerap »

Laughed so much I've gone a little horse.
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

If you think horse meat’s bad, wait until you try Tesco’s veggie burgers. They’re made of genuine uniQuorn.

Hay! Before we get saddled with more of these galloping frolics, I'm taking the bit between my teeth to coral our herd to this stable of Tesco horse-flavoured mirth: http://griffinwatch-nwn.blogspot.co.uk/ ... -this.html
bandito

Post by bandito »

well done pennymachines, thanks for the link! had a good laugh....... :HaHa:
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

its spreading..B&Q are in trouble, their food flooring has lambinit !OMFG!
andydotp

Post by andydotp »

Was intending to kick-start the Tesco funnies,,, but the horse had bolted.... !!UHOH!! groan..
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Not a joke, so don't look for the pun .............

In 1974 I moved to The Spanish Basque Provence of Navarra. I planned a dinner party to introduce my new friends to Chinese Cuisine.
Although I had a smattering of Spanish under my belt Basque is more like a cross between German, Russian and Gibberish.

Consequently I ended up serving them all a very passable Sweet & Sour Horse. It went down very well, and everyone remained stable.

BP
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

Having been a butcher for almost 50 years and being pushed around by the supermarkets for the last 30 years Im having great fun getting own back now !!YIPPEE!! had a ticket on my home made burgers in the window today saying "not a horse in Sight" .
At last, "the shoe is on the other hoof" !!RAYOF!!